This addon reactivates the mini map from ZOS. Thus the mini map does not do less, but also not more than the build-in world map, because it is the build-in world map.
No artificial synchronization of (custom) pins between mini map and world map. All kind of pins are supported by design.
But also no border pins or rotation mode and such features. My mini map is intended to be lightweight and fast.
Includes world map performance tweaks, which can be disabled for performance comparison.
Conflicts with other mini maps can be expected. Therefore the mini map can be disabled to use the tweaks only.
I do not recommend to use the AUI mini map module at the same time as mine.
Gamepad support, but limited due to lines in ZOS source code, they call a "total hack" themself:
Positioning and resizing in keyboard mode only.
Providing a mini map can be an unthankful job. I guess Fyrakin could sing a song or two. Therefore I can't resist to say:
The addon works well for me. Otherwise I would not have released it. If you think you have performance problems due to this addon, help tracking down or stop using.
Frame freezes are most likely coming from an addon providing a lot of pins without taking care about creating even a simple pin takes some time multiplied by hundreds.
In this case the author of that addon can make it more mini map friendly, only.
Thanks to @scootworks for testing
There are key-bindings to toggle the mini map on/off. For technical reasons the toggle while at siege weapons needs its own key-binding. But you can re-use the same key.
- Better support for LibGPS.
- Limited gamepad support. Thanks to @Shinni.
* Limitation: Positioning and resizing can be done in keyboard mode only.
- New option to suppress Zone change annoucement in upper right corner.
- Use LibAsync for asynchronous programming.
- New option: time format.
- Added optional dependency to TrueExploration for compatibility.
- Fixed another small issue with "Show on Map".
- New option to choose either or not to zoom to player.
- Changed clamped-to-screen-insets, requested by F-Lambda
- Fixed pins were keeping mouse-over-size.
- Update to LAM2 rev 23
- ESO 2.7 "Homestead" ready
- Thanks to @Chip, I can use new world map functions to move the map faster to player position
- Better unsupport of gamepad mode: World map is not broken, if switching to gamepad mode.
* Still no change to World Map code from ZOS. Gamepad support still not possible.
- Reworked "Spread over time" calculations: Don't be too restrictive for framerates 60+.
- As map pins are larger now, they are made smaller on mini map.
- Restore player pin level. (Hopefully)
- Hide map in gamepad mode.
- Scale unit pins, but not below configured minimum.
- Tweak change: Multiple calls to UpdatePinsForMapSizeChange are buffered, but the update itself is not spread over time anymore.
- ESO 2.6 'One Tamriel' ready.
- Allow to hide floor buttons.
- Show player location name in title.
- Added thin shadow to title bar font.
- Zoom level for sub-zones and dungeons
- key-binds to adjust zoom directly
- New Style "Modern"
- More options: Allow to lock window position
- Drag with the bottom bar, too.
- Auto size pins on zoom less than 1.
- Key-binds to change zoom factor while key is pressed, as suggested by @Baertram.
- Fixed missing zoom if using wayshrine in subzone. (Hopefully)
- Again, more appearance options: Title font, size, color.
- More appearance options. (Yes, yes, more will come)
- Fixed map pin filter for Cyrodiil.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter.
- Update 11 (Shadows of the Hist) ready.