Librarian records every book your character reads in-game and keeps a list of when it was found and whether you have marked it as read, allowing you to continue questing (and not hold up other players) while being confident you won't forget to read anything later.
Any suggestions, bugs or general discussion about the addon can be posted in the comments tab above, in my author portal (button on the right) or in this forum thread.
- Ability to mark books as read / unread. Books are marked as unread initially so you can feel free to skip reading while questing and know that your book will be easily found later.
- When reading a book, an is shown for books not marked as read (can be disabled in the settings)
- Displays the books in the default book reader interface.
- Imports books you have already read from the Lore Library / Eidetic Memory.
- Records the time each book was first discovered.
- Optionally view books found on your other characters.
- Sorting by unread / read status, time discovered, book title and word count.
- Full text search of all the books in your collection.
- Displays a count of the total number of books found so far and the number that are unread.
- Key binding to open the Librarian window (and a bonus keybind for /reloadUI).
- Optional reminder to /reloadui (and force a save of Librarian data) when a certain number of new books have been discovered, to help prevent loss of data if the client crashes.
How to use:
- Bind a key for Librarian in the Controls, Keybinds settings menu, or type /librarian into the chat window to open Librarian.
- Click a book or press the action button ('E' by default) while hovering over a title to read that book.
- Hover over a title and press the secondary action button ('R' by default) to toggle the unread state of the highlighted book. You can also toggle the unread state of a book while reading it.
- Click on the column headers to sort by that field. Click again to sort in descending order.
Librarian relies on SavedVariables to store information about the books you have found. If this file is lost or corrupted, that information will be lost. Therefore, it is important to backup your saved variables regularly. This is quite simple:
1 - Go to your SavedVariables folder (on windows, this can be found at MyDocuments\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables.
2 - Create a folder called Backup.
3 - Select Librarian.lua and right click, select copy.
4 - Open the Backup folder, and paste the file.
- Books with identical names are not handled properly and will be treated as the same book.
1.6.3 ~ 2016-09-10
- Import feature working much better thanks some input from Votan (Thank You!)
1.6.2 ~ 2016-09-10
- Updated to LibAddonMenu 2.0 r17
- Updated for Shadows of the Hist, API 100016, also confirmed working for 100017
TODO: Looking at building language localizations and some category filters for book types. Also looking at improving the import function.
- Added License for LibAddonMenu
- Updated TOC for Tamriel Unlimited
- Updated LibAddonMenu
- Added an option to disable the character spin when opening the Librarian window.
- Added a shortcut button to the setting window in the top right of Librarian.
- Compatibility fixes for version 1.4 from the PTS.
- Exiting the book reader interface now returns to Librarian rather than the base scene. Also fixes this behaviour with books opened from the inventory and the lore library.
- Modified the SavedVariable import process to fix data for all accounts, not just the currently logged-in account.
- Added missing references to LibAddonMenu.lua files that was causing an error.
- Fixed a bug where full-text search would show an error if a book was missing its body.
- Fixed a error caused by a change to the Scene Manager in 1.3
- Added a function to migrate data from the "empty" account that was created by the GetDisplayName() bug in 1.2.3
- Updated to LibAddonMenu 2.0.
- Added a SavedVariable backup reminder.
- Fixed a bug with the "Waterlogged Journal" from Craglorn that was caused a user to lose all their data. A more robust fix will be deployed later.
- Temporarily disabled integration with the LoreLibrary which was causing connection time-outs for some users. This feature will be re-enabled when a fix for it is found.
- Update API version to 100004. Addon appears to be stable, so I have moved to version 1.1.0.
- Fixed a bug with upgrading old databases that would result in an error.
- Fixed a bug in the settings panel when a newer version of LibAddonMenu was loaded.
- Updated the bundled version of LibAddonMenu to 1.0r7
- Added a new optional reloadui reminder feature. By default, after finding 5 new books the game reminds you in a chat message to reloadui so that you do not lose much progress in the case of a crash.
- Fixed a bug with non-english clients that was preventing keybindings from working.
- Added the current version number to the UI.
- Fixed an error that occurred when viewing a book that was not already in the collection.
- Added a new unread indicator to the book reader. The indicator can be disabled in the settings.
- Added the ability to toggle a book's unread status while reading it.
- Added the LoreLibrary import feature.
- Fixed a error when changing the time display setting.
- Fixed an error that was occurring when upgrading users of an older version of Librarian. Sorry I missed that!
- From user feedback, performance looks to have been fixed! Moving back onto features.
- Added an unread book counter
- Completely revamped the code to use ZO_SortFilterList as the basis of the Librarian book list. Hopefully performance is significantly improved, both for scrolling, and loading / exiting the game.
- Added a setting to specify whether or not to display alerts in chat and/or as a banner-type alert.
- Fixed a bug with the keybinding unread / read display when a book is highlighted.
- Replaced the chat alert when finding a new book with an alert similar to when finding a new lore book.
- Fixed a bug with toggling the read / unread status of books.
- Account-wide book access. There is a checkbox available at the bottom of the Librarian interface to toggle the showing of books seen across any of your characters. Initially, you will need to log in each character once to move their data to the account-wide Library.
- Big changes on the data storage side. Actual book data is stored in an account-wide variable, and only the time found is stored per-character.
- Added a settings screen which can be accessed from the standard settings menu.
- Added a time format setting so the user can choose between 12 and 24 hour time. This setting should default to 12 hour for english and 24 hour for other languages, which is the same logic the game itself uses.
- Fixed the bug where times were always being displayed as "P.M."
- Added a book count header.
- Fixed a bug with highlighting of sort headers.
- Known issue: book found times are still inconsistent.