WHAT IT IS:
Combat Reticle is a graphical add-on that greatly enhances visibility and utility of the on-screen reticle for targeting and interacting with items, NPCs, and other players in the game world. The primary goal is to make the reticle more visible during combat to improve targeting accuracy. This is accomplished by allowing the user to customize the reticle image, color, opacity, scale, rotation, and animation mode. A customized reticle can either use a single image or include an addition overlay image with it's own independent visual settings. Considering the large number of included reticle images (73 and counting), and the fact that there are nine distinct reticle modes that can be used and configured, the result is a nearly infinite number of reticle configuration possibilities! (for the math geeks, it's over 1e300 combinations!)
Combat Reticle does not acquire or display any target data. This is partly due to performance considerations in large PvP battles, and partly due to a preference for a minimal UI. If you would like to have target data, it's possible that Combat Reticle could coexist with another reticle add-on. Compatibility with Rainbow Reticle is confirmed. I have not tested with others, though I plan to. If you use other target information reticle addons, though please report any issues you encounter to help improve this. Thanks! - Calia
Version 1.5.3 contains a fix for a LibAddonMenu error on load when no other addons are installed.
Nine configurable reticle modes (including four stealth/disguised modes)
Customize reticle image, color, opacity, scale, rotation, and animation
Overlay mode for composite reticles
73 available reticle images to choose from
Rotation includes plain and pendulum modes
Animation can modulate opacity, saturation, or scale
Interaction mode can indicate empty/blocked items
A variety of pre-made themes for easy and fast configuration
Ten quick slots to store and retrieve configuration sets
Reticle brightness control (with hot-key mapping)
Allows on-screen interaction and/or stealth text to be hidden or shown
Anti-flicker reticle mode filter
High-performance implementation, CPU-intensive features can be disabled
Comprehensive configuration panel with "live" reticle preview
Combat Reticle supports nine specific reticle modes. Each mode can be customized, disabled, or set to game default (i.e. show standard ESO reticle). Stealth modes utilize the default ESO "stealth eye" as the base reticle, but an overlay image can be used with full customization options. The reticle modes are:
Interactive - An interactable item or friendly NPC/player character is targeted.
Target Hostile - An enemy (hostile) mob, NPC, or player character is targeted and range is close enough to activate skill bar. Like the skill bar, this does not always mean that the target is close enough to attack.
Target Neutral - An attackable neutral mob is targeted and range is similar to "target hostile" mode (skill bar is not shown until unit is attacked).
Combat - Player is engaged in combat.
Normal - Default reticle mode (i.e. none of the above modes and not stealthed or disguised).
Stealth Interactive - Player is hidden and an item or friendly NPC/player character is targeted and can be interacted with.
Stealth Target Hostile - Player is hidden and an enemy (hostile) mob, NPC, or player character is targeted.
Stealth Target Neutral - Player is hidden and an attackable neutral mob is targeted.
Stealth Combat - Player is hidden and engaged in combat.
Stealth Normal - Player is hidden and no other reticle modes apply.
Please refer to the "readme.rtf" file located in the "docs" folder of the add-on for complete, detailed information on how to use and configure Combat Reticle.
LibStub by Seerah (embedded)
LibAddOnMenu 2.0 by Seerah (embedded)
- There is a potential stealth-mode issue when exiting certain dungeons (just re-stealth to work around)
- When a normal reticle mode is disabled, associated stealth mode configuration options or not disabled
See the Change Log tab for Revision History[/size]
1.5.4 ~ Calia1120 (2/6/17)
- Updated API for Homestead (100018)
- Moved keybinds to their own category instead of being under general
1.5.3 ~ Aetheron (12/21/16)
- Fixed issue in manifest file preventing LibAddonMenu from loading correctly
- Updated LibAddonMenu to r23
1.5.2 ~ Aetheron (10/29/16)
- Fixed rare nil function error on load
1.5.1 ~ Calia1120 (10/4/16)
- Updated LAM (LibAddMenu) to version 2.0 r22
- Updated API for One Tamriel (100017)
1.5.0 ~ Calia1120 (8/7/16)
- Updated API Shadows of the Hist (100016)
To Do: Update LAM to R22 for nested submenus (still testing) and clean up settings menu (THANK YOU @sirinsidiator for making these work!)
1.4.0 ~ Calia1120 (7/23/16)
- Updated LAM (LibAddMenu) to version 2.0 r21
- Updated API for Dark Brotherhood (100015), still testing for Shadows of the Hist (100016)
- Separated readme and revision history - revision history now in changelog file for easier reading.
- Update for ESOUI API 100012
- Added NEW "owned" warning icon option for interactive items
- Added a new "Imperial" theme in honor of the new Imperial City DLC
- Clean-up global name space a bit
- Added Stealth Combat reticle mode
- Updated for ESOUI API 100011 (patch 6)
- Fixed a bug causing stealth text to remain hidden after reconfigured to be shown
- Updated to latest libaddon library
- Updated for ESOUI API 100010 (patch 5)
- Updated to latest libaddon library
- Added "empty/blocked" setting to interactive mode reticle
- Fixed a bug preventing brightness adjustment from affecting stealth reticles.
- Fixed a bug that allowed rotation and animation settings to apply to default ZO reticles
- Reorganized documentation (readme.txt) file
- Update for API version 10009
- Fixed a crash-level bug with anti-flicker filter
- Added support for stealth mode reticles
- Reticle rotation
* Clockwise, counter-clockwise, and "pendulum" rotation modes
- Reticle animation/modulation
* Modulation of transparency
* Modulation of saturation
* Modulation of scale
* sine wave, square wave, ramp-up, ramp-down modulations
- Full control of speed, and direction/intensity of rotation/modulations
- All rotations/modulations can be applied to base and overlay images selectively
- Ability to disable specific reticle modes
- Brightness control (via /cr +/-, or hotkeys)
- Reticle mode "debounce" filter
- Copy/paste settings between reticle modes
- Backward compatibility with saved settings
- New rotation/animation themes
- Added live reticle preview to configuration panel
- Added theme support with five built-in themes
- Set first time settings to "Focus" theme
- Fixed a bug causing interaction text to show while stealthed when text was disabled
- Refactored code for better modularity (to support some up-coming features)
- Changed directory structure slightly (created Reticles folder) also for up-coming features
- Moved this file into docs folder to prevent ESO seeing it as an add-on
- Added ~lots~ of new reticle images (62 total)
- Split "target" mode into "target hostile" and "target neutral"
- Added reticle settings quick slots. Can save/load from settings and quick-load with /cr x, where x is the slot number (0 to 9)
- Added /crs slash command to open Combat Reticle settings directly
- Added image categories to make it easier to find images. Select category first, then image pull-down will show only images in that category.
- Added options to hide stealth/disguise/interaction text
- Fixed the zip file structure!