3D icons for objectives and map pings!
MAKE SURE TO FULLY RESTART THE GAME AFTER THIS UPDATE!
All pvp objectives (resources, keeeps, towns, ic districts) as well as various locations on the map (Ayleid wells, delves, camps, crossswords, elder scrolls) now have 3d icons in the gameworld on top of them.
Added icons for Alessia Bridge and Chalman and Ash Gates. The icons have the color of the faction that currently has Alessia, Chalman or Ash keeps respectively.
The icon shows faction owning the objective, its under attack status, number of sieges status and its capture status.
You can mouseover the icons to see the name of the objective, your distance from it and exact number of sieges near it.
Map pings (player waypoint, rally point, players' pings) will also have 3d icons in the gameworld at their location.
As a side feature, if you're in a group and place player waypoint on the map the addon automatically places your ping at the same position (the ping will disappear in a few seconds). Pings have unique colors depending on group index of the player setting the ping. Additionally there's a keybind that allows setting waypoints/rally by mouseovering a 3dicon.
While at your faction gates you will see a special icons. If you mouseover it a frame with current campaign information (campaign name, current score, emperor status and your position in the campaign) will appear.
All 3d icons can be seen through by the terrain, just like ZOS quest\group markers.
Credits and shoutouts go to:
- @pead and @EventHorizon112 for beta testing;
- Mizaru for never dropping the group for days <3;
- @MichaelOfHouseBolton for powerleveling my ep bank mule to 10 to get into ep starting cyro zones!;
- CaptainBlagbird for sieged keeps textures! Check the source addon here - SiegedKeeps
- Shinni for Lib3D as a source of inspiration
New features in 2.2x:
1. Capture frame for nearby objectives. When near a pvp objective (keep, outpost, resource, ic district) you will see a frame with the information about this objective status along with % of capture of its flags.
There're 2 modes of operation of the Capture frame:
1. 'Neighboring capture frame' option is OFF. You will only see the status information for the objective you're in range of.
2. 'Neighboring capture frame' option is ON (default mode). You will see information about other objective related to the one you're in range of. For the keeps you will see all their resources status. For the resources the keep and other resources, for the ic districts - you will see the status of all districts at once. The objective you're in range of will have a backdrop around it.
2. Target Name Frame. You will have a draggable frame with the name of the player you're targeting. The name will have class/spec/kos/friend/cool/group/attackers icons added to it.
You can change the frame's scale, transparency, text alignment and fadeout delay from the addon options.
New features in 2.1x:
1. Nearby forward camp and pvp buffs frame.
If you're in the range of a friendly forward camp you will have a camp icon light up in the frame. The colors of the icon denote the distance to the closest forward camp in range.
- 'Green' - you're within 0-65% of the camp radius;
- 'Yellow' - you're within 66-89% of the camp radius;
- 'Red' - you're within 90-100% of the camp radius;
So if the icon goes red - you're almost out of the camp's range.
Additionally there're sound notifications when you get in range of a friendly forward camp and when you get out of its range.
Position of the frame can be changed from the options.
The frame also contains icons for 3 pvp specific buffs:
- Continuous Attack (center);
- Ayleid Health Bonus (left);
- Blessing of War (right);
Each of the buff icons has 3 states:
- grayed out - the buff is absent;
- white - the buff is on;
- yellow/green - the buff will expire soon;
- red - the buff almost expired.
The frame itself is smaller now.
2. Death screen additions. If you die to a player in pvp you will have 2 additional options in your death screen:
- 'Respawn at Forward camp' - if you're in range of a friendly forward camp this option with appear on your screen. Note, you will still have this option even if you're on camp respawn cooldown. The default keybind is 'Q' or use quickslot.
- 'Respawn at KEEPNAME' - the addon finds the nearest keep of your faction that you can respawn at and puts its name into this option. The default keybind is 'Y' or Stack All items key.
New features in 2.0x:
1. COOL list. People added to this list (through context menu, keybind) are treated as friends throughout the addon. Think about a second friend list for cool people who didn't make it into you real friend list.
2. Notifications for key projectiles. When you are the target of a projectile skill from the list you will get a sound and visual notification when the projectile is launched. Covered skills are:
- Crystal Blast and morphs,
- Javeline and morphs,
- Flame Reach and Shock Touch,
- Stormfist and morphs,
- Assassin's Will/Scourge,
- Shield Charge and its morphs,
- Toppling Charge
The reasoning here is to alert the player about either hard hitting projectiles or those that stun on impact. While shield and toppling charges are not technically projectiles, they stun the player and, thus fall under this category.
3. Mouseover processing. Now people are added to counter/kos lists from mouseover in addition to those who you tagged. So try to look at everybody.
4. Spec detection has been reworked. Now the color of the class icon shows the spec:
- gray color - no spec have been detected yet.
- green color - stamina spec
- blue color - magicka spec
- red color - hybrid/weird spec
5. List of recent attackers. Former list of stealthed targets is now the list of attackers/targets. When you attack somebody or anybody attacks you their names will appear in that list. The icons are:
- red reticle - they attacked you, but you never attacked them
- crossswords - you attacked them
- skull - they died
- white flag - they released
6. Integration to vanilla target frame. If you use vanilla target frame, the name of the player there will have the icon with his spec color to the left of his name and friend/cool/kos etc icon to the right of his name.
7. Players database search. Implemented search feature throughout your database of players.
- "Who is this?" item in the context menu will output the list of all other known characters of that person.
- /who charname - slash command will try to find the char name provided and output other chars on that account.
- /who @accountname - slash command to lookup account name
The /who commands will strip the provided names from speceial characters and decapitalize them. So in most cases you should be able to look up a fancy name with a simpler version of it.
Additionally, /who charname looks up loose matches for the input name. Example /who heals will return 'Heals-for-life' or 'healsnot' in addition to 'Heals'.
All account and charracter names returned by /who are fully interactable with mouse buttons.
8. Tooltips for the counter have been reworked. The names in the list are now grouped by categories (groupmembers, friends, kos etc) and are sorter alphabetically within the category.
1. Stealth notification. After Homestead it's not possible to detect if anybody is in stealth at the moment, so all stealth related features were disabled.
2. Counter/KOS/Kill Feed restrictions. Now you need either attack somebody, get attacked by him, get healed/buffed by him for the addon to register him in Counter/KOS/Kill Feed.
3. Slash commands revision. /pvpaddkos slash command has been removed in favor of the new /who command.
Pre 2.0x description
This addon provides a plethora of useful features to display various pvp-related information in a convenient way.
When the addon starts you will see all addon windows stacked in the center of your screen. You can drag them individually on the screen until satisfied with their position. Then you go to the addon options (or use /pvpmenu command) and lock them is place. The addon is ready.
1. Attacks notification. Each channeled attack in the game has a start time(when the button is pressed) and an end time (when the attack actually fires). The addon provides an on-screen notification when a channelled attack against the player starts. This notification has the icon of the attack's ability and the name of the player initiating the attack.
Attacks being tracked are : all heavy attacks (besides lightning staff and restoration staff), Snipe (Focused Aim, Lethal Arrow), Uppercut (Dizzying Swing, Wrecking Blow), Dark Flare/Solar Flare, hard-casted Crystal Fragments, Assassin's Will/Scourge, Ambush and Lotus Fan.
Ambush, Lotus Fan, Fire/Frost destruction staves and Bow heavy attacks are shown from stealth only.
As a bonus feature the addon shows Piercing Mark application along with the name of the player who applied it.
Attacks from a stealthed player are registered separately and have a special animation along with a sound.
2. Counter of players around you. Provides the numbers of all players (white number) and players of a specific faction (colored numbers) in a large radius around you. You can mouseover the colored number and as long as it's not zero you will get a list of all detected players of the corresponding faction. Alternatively you can use the keybinds to show/hide the lists.
Keep in mind that these numbers are APPROXIMATE number of players instead of exact number. Use them as a guideline. White numbers (total players) pick players from much larger range than the colored numbers, so white numbers are usually much higher than the sum of colored numbers.
Additionally for a player to be registered in both white and colored numbers he has to perform some actions. Afk players or players not using any skills are 'invisible' for the addon.
3. Names of stealthed players of enemy factions around you. Provides the names of the players who are currently in stealth. nearby. The list has separate indications for faction and class of the stealthed player. Friends, group members and KOS targets have separate distinguishable icons near their names.
4. Kill Feed. As long as somebody dies around you it provides a line of text on the screen with the name of the player who died and the ability that killed him. The feed is also saved into a separate chat tab for later examination.
5. Battle summary indicator and battle report. This is a feature within the kill feed that provides a convenient way of tracking the number of players who died recently for quick overview.
After a player with a name detected by the addon dies you will see a colored bar below the kill feed. The bar will have the total numbers of players died per faction and the proportions of the colors on the bar will correspond to the proportions of players of different factions that died within the time limit.
If nobody dies within 20 sec from the last dead player the bar will reset its counts and a battle report with the summary of the current battle will be produced.
6. Kill On Sight (KOS) system. This feature allows you to add a person to KOS list and to get notified if this person is nearby on any character of his account.
Additionally the KOS list shows friends who are nearby.
The list has 4 distinct modes. In 'All' mode both friends and KOS targets are shown. In "Allies" mode only friends and KOS targets of the same faction as the player are shown. In "Enemies" mode the list will only have KOS targets who are not from the same faction as the player. And lastly in "Setup" mode you will see a scrollable list of all the players you added to the KOS list.
The modes are switched by dragging a slider below the list.
You can add players to the KOS list using any of the following ways (NOTE: the player has to be the your database before you can add him to KOS list. See below.):
- right click his name in zone/guild/group/whisper chat or stealthed players names/Kill Feed(window and chat tab) and choose "Add to KOS" option from the context menu.
- use console command /pvpaddkos name or /pvpaddkos accountName (example /pvpaddkos Miat or /pvpaddkos @dorrino). The names ARE case-sensitive.
- use a special keybind. You will need to mouseover the player and press the keybind.
To remove a player from KOS list you right-click his name in chats/stealthed list/kill feed or KOS list itself and choose "Remove from KOS" option from the context menu.
7. Sound notifications. Different sounds were implemented to play when:
- you make a killing blow on an enemy player
- you make a killing blow on an enemy player from your KOS list
- battle report is shown
- a friend apprears nearby
- an enemy KOS appears nearby
- an attack from stealth started
1. Most features of the addon (anything besides attacks notification) will NOT work until you build a database of players. To do so you will need to mouseover (look at) everybody you see in Cyrodiil. The more players you 'remember' this way the more accurate the numbers and kill feed will be.
You will NOT be able to add anybody to KOS list until you have them in the database.
You can enable an option in the addon's settings to show the number of characters and accounts stored in your database(if this option is on the addon will output the number of stored players to your chat each 2 min).
2. The addon will NOT work AT ALL outside of Cyrodiil/Imperial City/Sewers/Cyrodiil delves. None of the windows will show up. 'Add to KOS' option will NOT be available. The addon will NOT build the database of players outside of Cyrodiil as well.
3. Attacks detection will NOT work on non-English ESO clients.
Thanks and shoutouts:
Huge thanks for beta testing and being awesome to @pead, Mizaru, Ahchoo and Reddington James!
2.392 - fixed double death screen buttons to respawn at keep
2.391 - yet another performance improvements with 3d icons
2.39 - ping 3d icons now have different colors depending on the group member group index.
- added a keybind to set waypoint on the position of the selected 3d icon. If you're in a group and is the group leader it puts rally marker instead.
- polished 3d icons positions for scrolls.
- performance optimization and a possible (untested) fix for error 318.
- added faction holdings numbers to the campain 3d icon tooltip.
2.38 - another slight performance adjustment of 3d icons. Got rid of unused libraries.
2.37 - added scrolls to 3d icons.
2.36 - performance adjustments for 3d icons
2.35 - minor code adjustments
2.34 - emperor crown icon now matches the color of the border keep icon.
- minor fixes
2.33 - popin/popout animation for 3d icons now should have consistent time independent of fps.
- death screen keybinds changed so if there're no camps around respawn at keep option will be bound to default Q. This way pressing Q will give you the closest respawn location.
- adjusted objectives flipping animation
2.32 - fixed weird capture bar behavior (thanks @@ShadoPandauin)
2.31 - added an icon for Odil Milegate (thanks @Lucas_ESO)
- corrected keybind for add to KOS.
2.30 - 3d icons major feature added.
- minor bugfixes
2.24 - fixed lua error at Bruma (thanks The Zohr-Father!)
2.23 - fix for rare lua error and some general minor fixes
2.22 - rearranged addon options.
- added fadeout start delay option for Target Name Feature.
2.21 - fix for huge icons in default target frame.
2.20 - added objective capture status and target name frames.
- now you shouldn't have an option to travel to nearby keep in Cyrodiil from Imperial Ciity death screen if all districts are unavailable for respawn.
- disabled addon feature will now be hidden when controls are unlocked.
- minor bug fixes
2.13 - added pvp buffs icons to the Forward Camp Frame.
- Minor fixes and tweaks.
2.12 - Added camp frame and death screen options.
2.08 - QoL changes. Kill Feed, Attackers Name and KOS frames can now be scaled.
- Additionally it's now possible to choose text alignment for the Kill Feed.
2.07 - most features of the addon (besides spec detection) should now work in non-english clients.
Huge thanks to @Scootworks
2.06 - fix for non intended activation of the addon in pve world.
- possible fix for lua errors in non-English clients
2.05 - major rework of the addon. See description.
ps. Yep, looks like i lied about 1.10 being final:)
1.10 - final version of the addon. Spec detection feature added.
1.09 - Minor bug and QoL fixes
1.08 - Major pass on addon options.
Added an option to separately disable Kill Feed window and Kill Feed chat.
Changed group/group leader icons color to friends color (light green).