This addon provides a plethora of useful features to display various pvp-related information in a convenient way.
When the addon starts you will see all addon windows stacked in the center of your screen. You can drag them individually on the screen until satisfied with their position. Then you go to the addon options (or use /pvpmenu command) and lock them is place. The addon is ready.
1. Attacks notification. Each channeled attack in the game has a start time(when the button is pressed) and an end time (when the attack actually fires). The addon provides an on-screen notification when a channelled attack against the player starts. This notification has the icon of the attack's ability and the name of the player initiating the attack.
Attacks being tracked are : all heavy attacks (besides lightning staff and restoration staff), Snipe (Focused Aim, Lethal Arrow), Uppercut (Dizzying Swing, Wrecking Blow), Dark Flare/Solar Flare, hard-casted Crystal Fragments, Assassin's Will/Scourge, Ambush and Lotus Fan.
Ambush, Lotus Fan, Fire/Frost destruction staves and Bow heavy attacks are shown from stealth only.
As a bonus feature the addon shows Piercing Mark application along with the name of the player who applied it.
Attacks from a stealthed player are registered separately and have a special animation along with a sound.
2. Counter of players around you. Provides the numbers of all players (white number) and players of a specific faction (colored numbers) in a large radius around you. You can mouseover the colored number and as long as it's not zero you will get a list of all detected players of the corresponding faction. Alternatively you can use the keybinds to show/hide the lists.
Keep in mind that these numbers are APPROXIMATE number of players instead of exact number. Use them as a guideline. White numbers (total players) pick players from much larger range than the colored numbers, so white numbers are usually much higher than the sum of colored numbers.
Additionally for a player to be registered in both white and colored numbers he has to perform some actions. Afk players or players not using any skills are 'invisible' for the addon.
3. Names of stealthed players of enemy factions around you. Provides the names of the players who are currently in stealth. nearby. The list has separate indications for faction and class of the stealthed player. Friends, group members and KOS targets have separate distinguishable icons near their names.
4. Kill Feed. As long as somebody dies around you it provides a line of text on the screen with the name of the player who died and the ability that killed him. The feed is also saved into a separate chat tab for later examination.
5. Battle summary indicator and battle report. This is a feature within the kill feed that provides a convenient way of tracking the number of players who died recently for quick overview.
After a player with a name detected by the addon dies you will see a colored bar below the kill feed. The bar will have the total numbers of players died per faction and the proportions of the colors on the bar will correspond to the proportions of players of different factions that died within the time limit.
If nobody dies within 20 sec from the last dead player the bar will reset its counts and a battle report with the summary of the current battle will be produced.
6. Kill On Sight (KOS) system. This feature allows you to add a person to KOS list and to get notified if this person is nearby on any character of his account.
Additionally the KOS list shows friends who are nearby.
The list has 4 distinct modes. In 'All' mode both friends and KOS targets are shown. In "Allies" mode only friends and KOS targets of the same faction as the player are shown. In "Enemies" mode the list will only have KOS targets who are not from the same faction as the player. And lastly in "Setup" mode you will see a scrollable list of all the players you added to the KOS list.
The modes are switched by dragging a slider below the list.
You can add players to the KOS list using any of the following ways (NOTE: the player has to be the your database before you can add him to KOS list. See below.):
- right click his name in zone/guild/group/whisper chat or stealthed players names/Kill Feed(window and chat tab) and choose "Add to KOS" option from the context menu.
- use console command /pvpaddkos name or /pvpaddkos accountName (example /pvpaddkos Miat or /pvpaddkos @dorrino). The names ARE case-sensitive.
- use a special keybind. You will need to mouseover the player and press the keybind.
To remove a player from KOS list you right-click his name in chats/stealthed list/kill feed or KOS list itself and choose "Remove from KOS" option from the context menu.
7. Sound notifications. Different sounds were implemented to play when:
- you make a killing blow on an enemy player
- you make a killing blow on an enemy player from your KOS list
- battle report is shown
- a friend apprears nearby
- an enemy KOS appears nearby
- an attack from stealth started
1. Most features of the addon (anything besides attacks notification) will NOT work until you build a database of players. To do so you will need to mouseover (look at) everybody you see in Cyrodiil. The more players you 'remember' this way the more accurate the numbers and kill feed will be.
You will NOT be able to add anybody to KOS list until you have them in the database.
You can enable an option in the addon's settings to show the number of characters and accounts stored in your database(if this option is on the addon will output the number of stored players to your chat each 2 min).
2. The addon will NOT work AT ALL outside of Cyrodiil/Imperial City/Sewers/Cyrodiil delves. None of the windows will show up. 'Add to KOS' option will NOT be available. The addon will NOT build the database of players outside of Cyrodiil as well.
3. Attacks detection will NOT work on non-English ESO clients.
Thanks and shoutouts:
Huge thanks for beta testing and being awesome to @pead, Mizaru, Ahchoo and Reddington James!
1.09 - Minor bug and QoL fixes
1.08 - Major pass on addon options.
Added an option to separately disable Kill Feed window and Kill Feed chat.
Changed group/group leader icons color to friends color (light green).