Quantcast
Download
(7 Kb)
Download
Updated: 02/14/18 09:35 AM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Dragon Bones (3.3)
Clockwork City (3.2)
Updated:02/14/18 09:35 AM
Created:11/02/17 07:54 AM
Monthly downloads:295
Total downloads:686
Favorites:10
MD5:
Categories:TradeSkill Mods, Graphic UI Mods, Info, Plug-in Bars, Mail, Utility Mods
3.3
Urich's Hireling Timer  Updated this week!
Version: 1.0.2
by: fritzOSU03 [More]
Description
This is a simple window showing how much time is remaining before your hirelings make their next deliveries for each of your characters.

Important Information
ZOS' game system is programmed in such a way that mail is not delivered to your inbox until you request that it be delivered to your inbox. So, what does this mean for you? It means that the information isn't delivered until you open the mail screen. In other words, the timers won't tick unless you look at your mail! This also means that the timers may not tick if you use an app that that changes the default mail screen. And finally, latency is another key contributor in the functionality of this app. This means that the timers may not tick if you have lots of lag or lots of add-ons causing a slow game startup.

Slash Commands
  • /uht - Toggle the addon window. This can be keybound.
  • /uht bs - Show the elapsed/remaining time since your last blacksmithing hireling mail.
  • /uht cl - Show the elapsed/remaining time since your last clothing hireling mail.
  • /uht ww - Show the elapsed/remaining time since your last woodworking hireling mail.
  • /uht en - Show the elapsed/remaining time since your last enchanting hireling mail.
  • /uht pv - Show the elapsed/remaining time since your last provisioning hireling mail.
  • /uht all - Show the elapsed/remaining time since your last mail from all hirelings.
  • /uht help - Show all available slash commands for UHT.

Known Issues/Complications
  1. This addon updates on character login. It does not currently check for new mail on any other event. This means that if you receive mail because you changed zones then that time will not be recorded. A fix for this is currently in development.

Thanks!
Thanks to Jhenox for all of your testing help.

Donations
Do you like this addon and wish to make a donation? Check the donation page or send donations to @fritzOSU03 on the PC-NA server.
Version 1.0.2
  • Dragon Bones API Bump.

Version 1.0.1
  • Bug fixes for latency and mail iteration.
Archived Files (2)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.0.1
7kB
fritzOSU03
11/04/17 02:12 PM
1.0.0
7kB
fritzOSU03
11/02/17 07:54 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread Yesterday, 03:55 PM  
MartinL

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 65
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Originally Posted by MartinL
Hey, any chance you will update the addone plz ?
It got updated yesterday morning.
Yeah, not sure why i missed that one thx
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/18, 09:04 PM  
fritzOSU03
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 17
File comments: 19
Uploads: 4
Originally Posted by MartinL
Hey, any chance you will update the addone plz ?
It got updated yesterday morning.
__________________
┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
- Urich -
└─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/18, 08:26 PM  
MartinL

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 65
Uploads: 0
Hey, any chance you will update the addone plz ?
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/17, 07:12 AM  
DRThree

Forum posts: 4
File comments: 17
Uploads: 0
Timers not working for me since the last patch. ;-(
No Lua errors.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/17, 11:28 AM  
fritzOSU03
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 17
File comments: 19
Uploads: 4
That's great news! Let me know if you have any other trouble. Good luck!

Originally Posted by babylon
Reporting SUCCESS! good sir

It all works! The Oceanic people thank you
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/17, 11:10 AM  
babylon

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 309
Uploads: 0
Reporting SUCCESS! good sir

It all works! The Oceanic people thank you
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/17, 02:38 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 309
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Originally Posted by babylon
Just so you know, this isn't an addon conflict vs other addons, I've tested with just this addon running and all timers reported to me remain blank.

When I looked in my saved variables I noticed data had been recorded, so it seems odd that this data isn't then reported back to me. Will be interested in hearing what you think is going on here.
The addon looks at the login times and compares those with the time stamps on the hireling mails. The mail time gets saved to a character if a hireling mail is not more than one second before and up to 15 seconds after a login time.

I looked at your saved variables and it appears that it's not recording any times for your mails at all. There are only two possible causes for this to happen. The first is if you're not getting any mails (which we know isn't the case) and the second is server latency. So here's what I think is going on. Sometimes server latency causes the hireling mails to get a time stamp that's earlier than the time you logged on. Mine is not usually more than a second or two but I'm also physically very close to the NA megaserver. I'm adjusting the time window evaluations in the update I had planned to upload this afternoon. Giving it a +/- 15 second window should be more than enough while still being impossible to log out and log on to another character that quickly. Should have the new one up shortly.
I get around 230ms latency (Oceanic player). Although when I log in or change zone my latency changes to like 500ms or so for a second or two.

Is it also possible that timestamps get confused by my (currently, in summer daylight saving time) GMT+13 timezone vs whatever time the server uses?
Last edited by babylon : 11/04/17 at 02:40 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/17, 02:06 PM  
fritzOSU03
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 17
File comments: 19
Uploads: 4
Originally Posted by babylon
Just so you know, this isn't an addon conflict vs other addons, I've tested with just this addon running and all timers reported to me remain blank.

When I looked in my saved variables I noticed data had been recorded, so it seems odd that this data isn't then reported back to me. Will be interested in hearing what you think is going on here.
The addon looks at the login times and compares those with the time stamps on the hireling mails. The mail time gets saved to a character if a hireling mail is not more than one second before and up to 15 seconds after a login time.

I looked at your saved variables and it appears that it's not recording any times for your mails at all. There are only two possible causes for this to happen. The first is if you're not getting any mails (which we know isn't the case) and the second is server latency. So here's what I think is going on. Sometimes server latency causes the hireling mails to get a time stamp that's earlier than the time you logged on. Mine is not usually more than a second or two but I'm also physically very close to the NA megaserver. I'm adjusting the time window evaluations in the update I had planned to upload this afternoon. Giving it a +/- 15 second window should be more than enough while still being impossible to log out and log on to another character that quickly. Should have the new one up shortly.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/17, 10:33 AM  
babylon

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 309
Uploads: 0
Just so you know, this isn't an addon conflict vs other addons, I've tested with just this addon running and all timers reported to me remain blank.

When I looked in my saved variables I noticed data had been recorded, so it seems odd that this data isn't then reported back to me. Will be interested in hearing what you think is going on here.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/17, 08:02 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 309
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Thanks all for the feedback. This was a tricky one but it seems to be working pretty well considering the mail system framework we've been given to work with by ZOS (SMDH).

Originally Posted by babylon
This isn't working. The hireling timers remain blank, both in the window and when I use chat slash commands.
Yes, as Darkstride said, you must open the mail window because the mail information isn't actually sent to you by the server until you do so. Opening that window makes the request although the mail gets the timestamp of when the new mail notification in sent.

Also, be sure to collect the attachments and delete the hireling mail because I've just discovered a bug this morning that happens when you hang on to old hireling mail messages. I just need enough time to pass to get more hireling mail messages in order to test the bug fix.

If neither of these resolve the problem, crack open the saved variables and send me all of the information in the section for your crafter and I'll take a look. You can also PM me the file or the info if you'd like - whatever is easiest for you. Thanks again for the feedback.
I've opened the mail window many times since installing addon (and collected my mail, and deleted all the empty mails - many times)...I've had 4 craft deliveries since installing addon (two a day per character)...also waited a day to see if the next delivery might perhaps trigger addon into action but nope.

I'll send you my saved variables file now.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/17, 03:14 PM  
fritzOSU03
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 17
File comments: 19
Uploads: 4
Thanks all for the feedback. This was a tricky one but it seems to be working pretty well considering the mail system framework we've been given to work with by ZOS (SMDH).

Originally Posted by babylon
This isn't working. The hireling timers remain blank, both in the window and when I use chat slash commands.
Yes, as Darkstride said, you must open the mail window because the mail information isn't actually sent to you by the server until you do so. Opening that window makes the request although the mail gets the timestamp of when the new mail notification in sent.

Also, be sure to collect the attachments and delete the hireling mail because I've just discovered a bug this morning that happens when you hang on to old hireling mail messages. I just need enough time to pass to get more hireling mail messages in order to test the bug fix.

If neither of these resolve the problem, crack open the saved variables and send me all of the information in the section for your crafter and I'll take a look. You can also PM me the file or the info if you'd like - whatever is easiest for you. Thanks again for the feedback.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/17, 02:07 PM  
Darkstride

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 49
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by babylon
This isn't working. The hireling timers remain blank, both in the window and when I use chat slash commands.
Be sure to read the "Important Information" section of the description for the addon.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/17, 12:45 PM  
babylon

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 309
Uploads: 0
This isn't working. The hireling timers remain blank, both in the window and when I use chat slash commands.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/17, 12:33 AM  
Darkstride

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 49
Uploads: 0
Thank you

I've been looking for an addon like this. Nice one
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/17, 03:02 PM  
syzgod

Forum posts: 38
File comments: 194
Uploads: 0
Thanks very much very useful I'm surprised noone ever did an addon like this.
Last edited by syzgod : 11/02/17 at 03:28 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.