ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Minion running in processes but does not open (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7550)

Jaexyn 01/11/18 09:00 PM

Minion running in processes but does not open

I'm on Windows 7 and Minion just started not opening at all no matter what I try. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. I see it in the Processes tab of Task Manager, and it's eating about 25% of my processing power, but it never appears. Have to "End Task" to close it.

Baertram 01/12/18 06:23 AM

Are you using a 64bit operating system and 64bit Minion? Try the 32bit Minion file as such a behaviour sometimes seems to happen with teh 64bit version.

Oh and please provide the minion.log file so one can check what Minion is doing and where it got stuck.
Some virus scanners and firewalls interfer (Symantec, Bitlocker, etc.) so please define whitelist rules for the minion app and check if this fixes it.

xherbiex 01/14/18 05:31 PM

Minion running in processes but does not open

I have this same problem. Running the 64bit version of minion and ESO but I can no longer access a window for minion. It is running as a process. Tried re-installing but no change. Log attached.

Baertram 01/15/18 10:32 AM

Test the 32bit version of Minion please as the 64bit version is sometimes making trouble on a 64bit OS.
Check your firewall, antivurs and add whitelist entries to them for Minion.
And please: Post your minion.log file and minion.xml files here so one can analyze them!

Jiltanyth 01/21/18 02:19 PM

Hello all,
I have the same prob with 64b version on W10 64b but I can open Minion if I run it as Admin.
Hope this can help you all.

Atavus 01/30/18 09:13 AM

I am having the same problem for about 2 days. It was running fine for months!
Minion.exe (64 bit version) appears in Task Manager Processes but nothing else shows (no program window of any sort).
The exe was using around 120k+ memory btw. I am on Win7 64-bit.

So far I've tried the following:
- reinstalled Minion twice, to different directories (with plain English letters).
- ran as admin.
- deleted Minion.xml and Minion.log files.
- updated java to latest version.
- launched jar file via bat, but same problem: i see the java exe file, but no Minion window.
- tried Minion java version, same as above.
- added exception for Minion on my AV/firewall prog, just in case.
- I tried the tip here: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7533

- Just tried Minion 32 bit, but no dice.
- Ran As Admin for 32 bit version.
- Exe is using 31k memory.
- Same stuff are in xml and log file as below.

- completely uninstalled java and reinstalled latest version, still no luck.

Minion.xml
Warning: Spoiler

Minion.log
Warning: Spoiler

EDIT:

SUCCESS!!
So, I got it to run. I used a VPN and boom, it opened immediately.
I have given the program every possible permission, so I don't understand why.

What does this mean?
Assuming there is a network problem, why will the program window not appear at all?
Could this issue be caused by some kind of block from the ISP?

Baertram 01/30/18 11:19 AM

Normally this heppens if your network proxy is not letting the packages through. Maybe your ISP is using a proxy backends or your local firewall, router or whatever is causing a block.

Oh and maybe it's because of the java stack using ivp6 instead of ipv4, check this thread:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7533

Atavus 01/30/18 08:15 PM

Yea I already tried that command, and now tried it with ipv6, but same issue.
I gave this program full permissions through AV/firewall, and it was working perfectly fine 2 days ago.
I even disabled both to test but no dice.

I contacted my ISP and alerted them about a possible block/proxy.

For now a VPN works fine.

- My question is why though will the window not appear at all?
- Wouldn't it make more sense if the window appears at least, and THEN tells the user that it cannot establish internet connection?

Baertram 01/31/18 03:49 AM

I assume this is a JAVA topic and related to the developing language behaving like this, as an error occurs.
Maybe one can intercept the error and open the window to show a message then at least.
Depends on teh possibilities and the Minion development team.

kun 02/08/18 03:11 AM

Hi,
I have similar issue. I just installed Minion but after installation it won't even open a process.
I'm running Win10 x64, latest java have same behavior on x32 and x64 client versions.

Baertram 02/08/18 09:33 AM

Did you check if you are using a proxy server in the browser/windows settings like described in multiple other threads already?
Did you test to allow firewall and antivirus for Minion?
Did you test the above metnioned command to fix the problem or read the linked other thread?
Did you test if it works via a VPN?
Show us your minion.log please so we can have a glance where it stops to work.

kun 02/08/18 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 33853)
Did you check if you are using a proxy server in the browser/windows settings like described in multiple other threads already?

I did, I do not use VPN
Quote:

Did you test to allow firewall and antivirus for Minion?

I do not not have firewall
Quote:

Did you test the above metnioned command to fix the problem or read the linked other thread?

Yes
Quote:

Did you test if it works via a VPN?

I do not connect to VPNs other than my companies that's not place to check gaming addons ;)

Quote:

Show us your minion.log please so we can have a glance where it stops to work.

I do not have any *.log file in my C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Minion\ directory. Is there any other place to find such?

Baertram 02/10/18 04:21 PM

Check the folder within the windows explorer:
Code:

%userprofile%\.minion
C:\users\your windows user\.minion

kun 02/11/18 01:25 PM

Directory did not existed. I created it but it did not changed a thing.

Baertram 02/11/18 01:57 PM

Well, no idea then as there isn't created any Minion.log file for you at all it seems that the app crashes before it can even create one.
You should run it as adiministrator, don't use special chars (only latin ones) in your windows username (as this breaks Minion too sometimes) and if this all does not help I'm not able to neither sorry.

kun 02/11/18 04:11 PM

Win10 user is marged with my msn accout and it does consist Ł. :/ I will try to unbound it for a dry run.