ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wish List (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   [implemented] A static collecionIndex please (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6590)

Ayantir 10/24/16 12:50 PM

[implemented] A static collecionIndex please

At EACH dlc, you change collectionIndex of Eidetic Memory (category 2).

I spend so much time to manage compatibility while you could give us some indexes that don't move.

So please even if only I and UESP are the only ones to be involved, stop moving the collectionIndex of Eidetic Memory.

With SoH and 1 Tamriel, index have changed 3/4 times during minor patchs of PTS, now you added the Yokudan and instead of pushing this collection AFTER the list.. you moved it in the middle and moved all index.

ZOS_ChipHilseberg 10/25/16 12:40 PM

To solve this for real we'd have to move to an ID based system since controlling the order is out of our hands. What APIs do you need this for?

votan 10/27/16 01:32 AM

Or extend the existing functions to return the book-id.

Code:

* GetLoreBookInfo(*luaindex* _categoryIndex_, *luaindex* _collectionIndex_, *luaindex* _bookIndex_)
** _Returns:_ *string* _title_, *textureName* _icon_, *bool* _known_, *integer:nilable* _bookId_

And
Code:

* GetLoreBookIndexFromLink(*string* _link_)
** _Returns:*luaindex* _categoryIndex_, *luaindex* _collectionIndex_, *luaindex* _bookIndex_

Or
Code:

* GetLoreBookIndexFromID(*integer* _bookId_)
** _Returns:*luaindex* _categoryIndex_, *luaindex* _collectionIndex_, *luaindex* _bookIndex_

ZOS_ChipHilseberg 10/27/16 09:40 AM

GetLoreCategoryInfo, GetLoreCollectionInfo, and GetLoreBookInfo now return ids. We also added:

GetLoreBookCategoryIndexFromCategoryId
GetLoreBookCollectionIndicesFromCollectionId
GetLoreBookIndicesFromBookId

sirinsidiator 10/27/16 10:16 AM

Now the only piece that's missing it to have GetLoreBookInfo return the info even when the eidetic memory is not unlocked. :D

Ayantir 10/27/16 10:31 AM

This is clearly perfect. A big huge thank you

@sirinsidiator : I already handle this with dirty dumps :D

Sounomi 11/08/16 05:41 AM

Are the book IDs that are gonna be available through these new API functions the IDs that are currently used in the chat links for books by chance?

Also, it could be useful to include the book's ID with the EVENT_SHOW_BOOK event too, if said book is in a lore collection that is. This would save us from having to look up the ID manually based on its title, which can be troublesome since some books share the same title.

Ayantir 11/08/16 06:13 AM

some books are without indices, so they maybe don't have bookId ?

Even if sending something in EVENT_SHOW_BOOK to find the book could help.

For now, I have a complete reverse table based on title and medium in order to find indices of a book read. This one can fail, because there are few with same title and same medium - and the reverse table must be built by someone who unlocked a lot of eidetic memory in order to have correct values of mediumIndex.

ZOS_ChipHilseberg 11/08/16 08:11 AM

It is the same book id that is in the link. I can add the book id to EVENT_SHOW_BOOK as well.

Ayantir 11/08/16 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg (Post 28846)
It is the same book id that is in the link. I can add the book id to EVENT_SHOW_BOOK as well.

That would be wonderful :banana: