ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wish List (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   [implemented] new function GetCurrentHouseOwner() (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7641)

Saleand 02/22/18 05:43 AM

[implemented] new function GetCurrentHouseOwner()

It should return string displayName as a result.

For now, there's no way to identify the owner of a current house when a player is in someone else's house. This function would be very usefull for addons to make the list of favorite other players' houses, to return back to this specific house (with JumpToSpecificHouse(displayName, houseId)), to quick "Contact the owner" functionality, and more.

sirinsidiator 02/22/18 06:32 AM

I adjusted the title.

Since you can enter other players houses only via certain API functions, you could already emulate something like that. You would need to pre-hook the jump functions that allow you to get into their house and save the target name. As far as I am aware you also don't need to worry about crashes and disconnects, because you will be moved out of their house in that case.

Shinni 02/22/18 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 33987)
I adjusted the title.

Since you can enter other players houses only via certain API functions, you could already emulate something like that. You would need to pre-hook the jump functions that allow you to get into their house and save the target name. As far as I am aware you also don't need to worry about crashes and disconnects, because you will be moved out of their house in that case.

I think you can enter a house via travel to player, in which case you can't know the owner.

sirinsidiator 02/22/18 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinni (Post 33988)
I think you can enter a house via travel to player, in which case you can't know the owner.

Why not? You always need to specify the player name for a jump, or when you jump to group leader you also know who that is.

Shinni 02/22/18 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 33989)
Why not? You always need to specify the player name for a jump, or when you jump to group leader you also know who that is.

Player A has a home. Player B visits the home. Player C jumps to player B. Player C does not know that the house is owned by player A.

Rhyono 02/22/18 10:27 AM

I thought he meant this function would be used while in the house, not for indirect jumping.

sirinsidiator 02/22/18 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinni (Post 33990)
Player A has a home. Player B visits the home. Player C jumps to player B. Player C does not know that the house is owned by player A.

Ah ok. I didn't think of indirect jumps. But yeah, that case cannot be emulated.

Dolgubon 02/22/18 02:31 PM

It would also just be simpler to use one api call rather than hooking 3-4

Saleand 02/22/18 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinni (Post 33990)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyono (Post 33991)
I thought he meant this function would be used while in the house, not for indirect jumping.

Yes, exactly.

Marify 04/11/18 04:45 AM

Me too

Me too, I really want this function.

"Enable add-ons only when you are at a guild member's house"
I want to do things like that ,,,

There are 41 types of craft tables at the guild member's house,
It is very cumbersome to find the desired craft table.
So I want to create an add-on ,,,

ZOS_ChipHilseberg 04/11/18 11:49 AM

We can do this for the patch after Summerset.

Marify 07/08/18 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg (Post 34355)
We can do this for the patch after Summerset.

Hi :)
I am waiting for this feature to be released, but is it forgotten?
(Or already released with a different name?)

Dolgubon 07/08/18 07:17 PM

It's not the patch after summerset yet. That would be the werewolf patch.

Marify 07/08/18 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolgubon (Post 35299)
It's not the patch after summerset yet. That would be the werewolf patch.

Thank you for teaching me. :)
Wait for the next patch.

Saleand 09/30/18 03:13 AM

Hey, thanks to ZOS_ChipHilseberg!
It's implemented in 'WolfHunter' patch: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...change-log-pts
Quote:

We have also added an API to get the display name of the current house owner, GetCurrentHouseOwner()