ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   [BUG] Stuck on Loading... forever (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270)

jak3z 03/14/14 05:28 AM

[BUG] Stuck on Loading... forever

I tried running Minion yesterday and was all good, I could see the addons and everything, went to bed.

Today I updated ESO to go to the EU MegaServer, and when I wanted to launch Minion again, I'm stuck at this window.

http://i.imgur.com/GP3uvAA.png

I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, but no luck yet.

Surmah 03/14/14 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jak3z (Post 1224)
I tried running Minion yesterday and was all good, I could see the addons and everything, went to bed.

Today I updated ESO to go to the EU MegaServer, and when I wanted to launch Minion again, I'm stuck at this window.

http://i.imgur.com/GP3uvAA.png

I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, but no luck yet.

Yep everything worked just fine when i was using US beta version, but after i changed to EU i'm stuck also. So this is US only tool atm. I reinstalled also and cleaned my registry and nothing helps.

Surmah 03/14/14 05:53 AM

Two things is changed when you do the EU transfer.

Game folder renamed The Elder Scrolls Online -> The Elder Scrolls Online EU

Under your user profile Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live -> Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu

And this minion cant handle those changes very well... so back to manual mode until this is fixed.

jak3z 03/14/14 05:56 AM

Tried using the "live" folder under documents, still stuck at loading.

couillon 03/14/14 06:24 AM

Same issue as the OP, stuck on loading, reinstalled x2 and same result.

Surmah 03/14/14 08:14 AM

If you rename the game folder back to The Elder Scrolls Online take EU away from the folder name then minion is opening again. I did change the addon location to liveeu. That didn't help minion just cant handle game folder name change. That should be fixed before EU players are able to use this program properly.

Dolby 03/14/14 08:35 AM

Minion has a config file under (win) C:\Users\<username>\.minion\minion.xml (mac) ~\.minion\minion.xml

Inside that config file it holds the path to where it thinks the addons are located. You can either delete the file or you can edit the path in there.

Minion should not hang like that if the addon folder changes. It should just prompt you asking where it went. So I'll be looking into why its doing that.

jak3z 03/14/14 08:53 AM

Ok so now I have Elder Scrolls Online and Elder Scrolls Online EU, I can login with BOTH clients fine, to USA and EU, yet Minion is hanging at Loading and I can't find a way to make it start again.

UPDATE: I had to delete the .minion folder for this to happen.

But anytime you change the path from live to liveeu it gets stuck, so yeah something fishy in here!

Dolby 03/14/14 09:01 AM

ok Thanks, I will check it out on my end and see if we can find the issue Minion has.

Update: was able to reproduce this on my end. Will bug it and get it in line for fixing. :)

Thanks for your information. :)

jak3z 03/14/14 09:04 AM

Not sure if this is of any help but, I got it working now.

I deleted live and liveeu folders, then ran the game so it would create the folder (for each region) and now I could swap the folder location and it's working ok with "liveeu".

Not sure what could have happened?

couillon 03/14/14 01:09 PM

what exactly are you changing to get Minion to work? still stuck at loading using the windows client.

Lumarion 03/21/14 09:49 AM

I das the same issue but fixed it somehow.
All I did was like Dolby said, I went to (win) C:\Users\<username>\.minion\minion.xml, opened it with the editor and changed the
<game addon-path="C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns" auto-update="false" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1">
to
<game addon-path="C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns" auto-update="false" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1">

Now it works fine.

Ardawen 03/22/14 03:50 AM

I have the same problem, so you can only keep either the european one up to date or the american one? What if you end up playing both?

I guess that is part of the problem. That the addons are in both directories?

Dolby 03/22/14 10:14 PM

You can add a 2nd, 3rd ESO game for the other folders live, liveeu, pts

Organic 03/23/14 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 1238)
Minion has a config file under (win) C:\Users\<username>\.minion\minion.xml (mac) ~\.minion\minion.xml

Inside that config file it holds the path to where it thinks the addons are located. You can either delete the file or you can edit the path in there.

Minion should not hang like that if the addon folder changes. It should just prompt you asking where it went. So I'll be looking into why its doing that.

Easy fix for me was to just delete: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\live\AddOns" auto-update="false" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/> row all together.

I saved and closed the file, then restarted Minion. It asked me to update the client, so I did that. Then it asked me to log back in, so I did that. It magically found everything it needed and I'm good to go! Pretty simple fix.

That said, it runs through the startup scripts, then finds all the addons I have installed and knows if they need updates or not. When I click update, the "Updating" progress bar just keeps streaming blue, but no addon actually updates.