ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Any alternative to this minion? (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7254)

lve2raft 07/30/17 01:17 AM

Any alternative to this minion?

My minion doesnt work no matter what i do and there is no technical support nor has the app been updated in over a year. Is there any other options short of manually doing it? That is what i have done but checking when each addon needs an update is a pain.

Scootworks 07/30/17 01:35 AM

no technical support? oO if i'm looking to the latest threats here, people got help in ~1day. i can't see any question here from your side. on each addon there are install instructions how to make it manually...

Baertram 07/30/17 07:31 AM

If you would use the minion forum here, describe your problem and post your log file you'd get help.
I can't see any forum entry with your username so I assume you did not even try it?

What exactly is your problem with Minion? Did you search the forum for your problem, there are plenty of threads.
Are you running minion in admin mode?
Are you using windows 10 and OneDrive is active -> search the forum for windows 10 onedrive.
Did you try to download Minion in 32bit mode to fix problems with Minion 64bit?

lve2raft 07/30/17 01:14 PM

My problem is the same one as what was the first thread with that guys problem, and i posted there. Minion runs in processes but nothing happens. I have tried everything he has tried, the problem is identical. No i cant give you logs, minion isnt making any. Yes i tried it in Java only world, yes its latest java, yes i uninstalled and reinstalled, yes i have it in admin mode, yes i tried compatibility mode. And that guy who posted the thread hasnt had a solution in over 2 months so i think its valid to say there is no support. Some vague thing about someone talking to a Java person and then never getting back to us.

Ayantir 07/30/17 02:41 PM

It's not because there is not solution yet that there is no support.

Meanwhile, you can download addons manually.
PS: It's maybe your antivirus? try at least.

Dolby 07/30/17 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lve2raft (Post 32072)
My problem is the same one as what was the first thread with that guys problem, and i posted there. Minion runs in processes but nothing happens. I have tried everything he has tried, the problem is identical. No i cant give you logs, minion isnt making any. Yes i tried it in Java only world, yes its latest java, yes i uninstalled and reinstalled, yes i have it in admin mode, yes i tried compatibility mode. And that guy who posted the thread hasnt had a solution in over 2 months so i think its valid to say there is no support. Some vague thing about someone talking to a Java person and then never getting back to us.

Sorry I didn't reply, talking to our Java programmer we couldn't come up with anything for you two. I should have just posted.

Its better if you post your own thread and reference another otherwise its hard to track.

Do you have any 3rd party security or network programs installed maybe preventing the app from loading? Also under your add & remove programs what versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is installed? What version of Java do you have installed?