ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where do I report errors from ESO add ons? (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809)

Windshadow 04/12/14 08:29 AM

Where do I report errors from ESO add ons?

I âme getting addon UI error reports each time I launch the game

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30 attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:New
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30:257: in function '(main chunk)'
I dismiss that and this is next up

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:50: in function 'HArvest.CreateCompassPin'
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:64: in function 'HArvest.InitalizeCompassMarkers''
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMap.lua:195: in function 'Harvest.OnLoad'
I dismiss that and get

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/CustomCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:AddCustomPin'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:74: in function 'EHMInitializeCompass'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:236: in function 'EHMOnLoad'

Now I can find no way to copy paste this stuff from the game and I am a slow one at the keyboard so if this stuff is of no use or interest I will ignore it this set was also there yesterday when I started to play and I run Minoin each day before I start to play

ingeniousclown 04/12/14 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windshadow (Post 3956)
I âme getting addon UI error reports each time I launch the game

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30 attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:New
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30:257: in function '(main chunk)'
I dismiss that and this is next up

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:50: in function 'HArvest.CreateCompassPin'
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:64: in function 'HArvest.InitalizeCompassMarkers''
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMap.lua:195: in function 'Harvest.OnLoad'
I dismiss that and get

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/CustomCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:AddCustomPin'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:74: in function 'EHMInitializeCompass'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:236: in function 'EHMOnLoad'

Now I can find no way to copy paste this stuff from the game and I am a slow one at the keyboard so if this stuff is of no use or interest I will ignore it this set was also there yesterday when I started to play and I run Minoin each day before I start to play

You should post it in the comments section of the specific add-on that is causing the problem. In this case, it seems to be "HarvistMap".

Bl4ckSh33p 04/19/14 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If the author has a portal here on esoui.com there is a section for bug reports.
There should be a button labelled "Bugs" on the addons page.