ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   ESO bug ? i dont see mention of an addon (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7804)

Anceane 05/27/18 10:29 PM

ESO bug ? i dont see mention of an addon

Code:

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2126: operator - is not supported for number - nil
stack traceback:
        EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2126: in function 'CompareEntries'
        EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:57: in function 'zo_binarysearch'
        EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2134: in function 'FindStartPoint'
        EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2166: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
        EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2287: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_MoveWindow'
        ZO_KeybindingsListScrollBar_ValueChanged:3: in function '(main chunk)'
        [C]: in function 'SetValue'
        EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2258: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_ResetToTop'
        EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1118: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:ChangeFilter'
        (tail call): ?
        EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:63: in function 'HandleTabSwitch'
        EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_MenuBar.lua:284: in function 'MenuBarButton:Release'
        EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_MenuBar.lua:636: in function 'ZO_MenuBarButtonTemplate_OnMouseUp'
        ZO_MainMenuCategoryBarButton1_MouseUp:3: in function '(main chunk)'

Each time i receive a reward container for the Psijic quest, this bug pop, anyone have any idea ?

Baertram 05/28/18 11:07 AM

Just to be sure: tested without all addons?
It could be any addon else :-(

Anceane 05/28/18 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 34813)
Just to be sure: tested without all addons?
It could be any addon else :-(

When i saw first the error, i had all addons, then i disabled all addons for the next chapter of the quest reward, and had the same error popping.

i did that because i thought that if there was no problem with no addons, i would have then to check 5 by 5 with each chapter of the quest. :)

Thus the reason i am a bit lost with that error :)

sirinsidiator 05/30/18 01:42 PM

When you see the error next time, try to run the following script in an addon like ZAM Notebook:
Lua Code:
  1. for type, inventory in pairs(PLAYER_INVENTORY.inventories) do
  2.     if(type ~= 2) then
  3.         for k, v in ipairs(inventory.listView.data) do
  4.             if not v.bottom then
  5.                 df("%d, %d: %s, %s: %s", type, k, tostring(v.data.bagId), tostring(v.data.slotIndex), GetItemLink(v.data.bagId, v.data.slotIndex))
  6.             end
  7.         end
  8.     end
  9. end
The chat output might give some insight into why this happens

Aussiechick 05/30/18 06:16 PM

Minion shows no add ons!

When I look at these replies it seems to me that there are problems with ESOUI and I need to go to Zam.
Many others seem to have the same problem and no official reply from ESOUI so maybe it is a new website that has nothing yet?

Anceane 05/30/18 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiechick (Post 34864)
When I look at these replies it seems to me that there are problems with ESOUI and I need to go to Zam.
Many others seem to have the same problem and no official reply from ESOUI so maybe it is a new website that has nothing yet?

Not sur i fully understand your message ---no mean intended, english is not my first langage---, but through all the years i have been on ESOUI, i always received the help needed, and most of the time far beyond what i was expecting :)

It happens that the beginning of the answers are not quite what i expect, but i do it anyway and we finally find what the problem is :)

So i love ESOUI, even with bugs, but more with all the helpfull people co-existing on it :)

And no i am not a gentle one always behaving good, giving always good congratulations. i am an old gran'ma loving to play (and my gran'son too) and sometimes i have a really bad temper

Anceane 05/30/18 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 34857)
When you see the error next time, try to run the following script in an addon like ZAM Notebook:
Lua Code:
  1. for type, inventory in pairs(PLAYER_INVENTORY.inventories) do
  2.     if(type ~= 2) then
  3.         for k, v in ipairs(inventory.listView.data) do
  4.             if not v.bottom then
  5.                 df("%d, %d: %s, %s: %s", type, k, tostring(v.data.bagId), tostring(v.data.slotIndex), GetItemLink(v.data.bagId, v.data.slotIndex))
  6.             end
  7.         end
  8.     end
  9. end
The chat output might give some insight into why this happens

I download the addon, and added the script ready to be paste in it in case the error happens again

Baertram 05/31/18 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiechick (Post 34864)

If you want to use outdated addons on Zam, go ahead :-) But as far as I know esoui.com is the best help to get for eso addons. Maybe it's not giving you a 100percent solution but ppl try and spend free time here to solve your, and many other, problems + requests. Keep that in mind, and please also keep in mind (considering your other posts about your personal computer experience): we cannot solve each problem nor describe everything the way each human beeing on the world is able to understand.
But we try :p