View Single Post
03/11/14, 01:10 AM   #10
Cyrus
Originally Posted by dallock View Post
what combinations of abilities (racial, class, weapon, guild, etc) have you guys tried that you think make the best healer? and what armor, weapon, enchants best suit healers?
Unlike other MMO's, there really isn't just one best healer build. I have been experimenting a lot, and any one of the 4 classes and any one of the 10 races I could make a kickass healer.

My advice first is try to figure out what your play style is going to be.

Do you like "Back seat healing" or do you prefer to be up and in it?

Do you prefer to solo a lot, or do you desire to group whenever possible?

Do you like PvP? or Raiding?

Do you like to off tank, or do you prefer range dps? or two-hander?

The best healer build is going to be the one that makes you excited about playing it according to your play style.

So far I have made several builds and they are all really good.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...YK6cK4YQ6cK4YW

My latest build, that I happen to be very fond of right now is a very high stamina build. I use only some magika.

Templar One Hand and Shield and Restoration Staff
Race: Imperial
20 HP 20 STA 9 MAG
5 or 4 Medium Armor and 2 or 3 Light Armor.

Restoring Light (15) (42), One hand and shield (15) (41), restoration staff (10 (41), aedric spear none, dawn's wrath none.

One thing I have learned is Stamina is your friend in this game: Blocking, Dodging, Sprinting, and Sneaking are good survival skills.

I also like that I can go deep in Craft: Tailoring and make both cloth and leather armor.

One Hand and Shield
(1) Shielded Assault (shield charge morph) = Attack, Stun, and damage shield
(2) Power Slam (Power bash morph) = damage and disorients for 15 seconds
(3) Absorb Magic (Defensive posture morph) = got a caster? Absorbs spell and heals you for 115%. When slotted (no activation required) give 115 block mitigation and reduced block cost 8%. So even when you are not using it, its helping you just being slotted.
(4) Spike Bone Shield (Bone shield morph) Guild Undaunted and its only lvl 4. Gain 50 armor for 6 seconds, 30% return damage to attacker, and synergy: other players can use it for a damage shield of 60% of their health.
(5) Radiant Aura (Restoring Aura morph) = Increase stamina and health regen 15% when slotted, activated allies get 80% health and stamina regen for 9 second.
(U) Remembrance (Rite of Passage morph) = this is the classic OH SH*T BUTTON heal.

With this build you can pretty much do anything. In PVP you can take on 2 or 3 that jump ya and survive.

Restoration Staff
It depends
Mutagen for sure--I think its the best heal in the game.
Force Siphon usually = heals while you and your group beat up on the mob or pvp.
Lingering ritual and maybe rushed ceremony or grand healing--depending.

Like i said i like to switch back and forth a lot. Toss mutagen and force siphon then flip back to one hand.

Anyway this is my favorite flavor right now.

Last edited by Cyrus : 03/11/14 at 01:24 AM.