View Single Post
09/12/14, 12:10 AM   #1
niocwy
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help with GetUnitBuffInfo()

Hi all,

I'm using GetUnitBuffInfo('player',buffIndex) to check for food/beverage buff. It works well, as it returns the buff name (among other uninteresting values). For example, an health regen beverage buff will return the string "Health Recovery" :

But I fear that this string is localized, because the buff has the same name on the character window. If it's the case I shouldn't check directly against it. Then I have two options :
- use some kind of custom localization, luckily I already have a system up and running, and I just need the translations for food and beverages buffs in german and french
- get the SI_ variable that the buff name is refering to...but I didn't spot it in the SI_ table (I used zgoo to check it in game, I don't know other ways to do it).

Can anyone help me with this ? The latter solution seems to be more elegant but I guess both will work for me.
Also, I don't necessarily have to use the getUnitBuffInfo() function, I just want to know when the player has a food or beverage buff.

Last edited by niocwy : 09/12/14 at 12:48 AM.