View Single Post
02/02/15, 01:11 PM   #11
Faugaun
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You expected and did it right. You will only have the way to use savedvaribales files to read other character's values, even if they would be logged in you can't read the information (except a few ones if you stand directly in front of them and you are using the interaction key).
Errm I think I didn't write clearly

Basically I want to pull the account name that I am logged in under:
Lua Code:
  1. local account = GetDisplayName()
Then pull the character name
Lua Code:
  1. local name = GetUniqueNameForCharacter

For the character and account I am logged into (not players I am interacting with).

Some of these API are undocumeted that I am looking at (worries me a bit).

Anyways I then want to create a data bank in saved variables

{account, name, x, y, z}
{account, name, x, y, z}
{account, name, x, y, z}
{account, name, x, y, z}

The idea is that I can log and then perform mathematical operations on variables x,y,z looking at multiple characters.

Then list the individual character information and totals for the account.

The account Id is present in case an install is used for more than one account and to keep these separate

Upon login the add-on would grab info for the character, log it in saved variables (overwriting a previous entry for the account + character (if the character had been previously entered) thus updating the saved variable). This way when I log out of one character and on to another then the add-on can access the stored information from my other characters and perform mathematical operations on the logged on and logged off characters to create accountwide statistics.

Hope this makes more sense.