View Single Post
04/28/15, 11:35 PM   #14
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
There are several addons adding items to the context menus so I guess 10 items (standard ESO context menu items included or excluded?) wouldn't be enough.
FCOItemSaver alone is able to add 12 labels (if all settings are enabled for this addon) to the mouse context menu of inventory items!

Isn't there maybe anther solution that "really" fixes this, or did I understand you wrong?
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I looked into this and it's caused by the OnMouseUp closure being marked insecure if the control creation is triggered by an addon. I can pre-fill the pool with 10 controls so this isn't a problem anymore.
Thank You very much, Chip. That would at least help. But is it the creation of the first control only? As I mentioned I was able to create a 4th "insecure" control, but "Destroy Item" (at 4th pos) did not raise an error?!?

The only solution I found to "really" fix that, (depending on how this marking works) is: Strictly separating the controls of build-in menuitems and custom menuitems: Using own control pools and introducing AddCustomMenuItem. Like in the attached file.
For us add-on developers it would just be an find-and-replace-all.
Attached Files
File Type: lua LibCustomMenu.lua (3.5 KB, 2808 views)

Last edited by votan : 04/28/15 at 11:47 PM.