View Single Post
06/26/15, 03:18 AM   #1
DerBombo

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
git/Make Zip: Possibility to exclude files

Hey guys and gals,

I don't really know, where the right place would be to ask for this, so I just try it here.

As I recently decided to develop my addon with IntelliJ, I needed to add some project files to the git repository. Of course they should be persisted and shared, so I can just clone anywhere and start working.

I am a really big fan of the "Make Zip" functionality in the Git Control Panel. Sadly though, the resulting package would contain all those meta files, which are in no way needed in every player's addon folder. My solution at the moment would be to generate the Zip file on my own again and upload it the old way. That would be quite a bummer though.

So my question is: Could there be a way to add some kind of exclude/ignore functionality to this feature? Maybe via an additional section in the dialog, where one could check off files, which are should not be included. Or maybe just look for an ignore file of some kind (zamignore.txt) which would contain files and folders, which should be excluded in general?

Thanks for any feedback/replies on this. Maybe I'm just a lazy diva.

-Boris