View Single Post
07/22/15, 04:04 PM   #24
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hiding those columns is necessary, because this line in inventory.lua
Lua Code:
  1. CreateNewTabFilterData(TradingHouseFilter, INVENTORY_BACKPACK, "", "", "", tradingHouseHiddenColumns),
is essentially a hack. It adds a filter with no button texture, so you can't click it. This filter is only activated from SetTradingHouseModeEnabled, and you can't "escape" that filter because the buttons are hidden.

My override of SetTradingHouseModeEnabled doesn't switch to TradingHouseFilter, it leaves the buttons shown (that's also why I had to add not IsBound to additionalFilter, because that was done by the now-unused TradingHouseFilter). After I did this, those columns showed up, because hiddenColumns are tied to buttons. I wasn't sure about the "statValue" column, but the "age" column really doesn't fit in the SELL tab, that's why I've overridden GetTabFilterInfo.

---

libCIF._backpackLayoutShiftY -- since I haven't initialized it explicitly, and calling addBackpackLayoutShiftY is not required, it could be nil. It was a not-so-important choice where to apply laziness.

---

ZO_MenuBar_SelectDescriptor -- yes you're right. I too was wondering why swapping previousFilter/currentFilter in the original SetTradingHouseModeEnabled doesn't seem to work, I put some debug output in and found the filter was being reset before it had a hance to be remembered

---

Anyway, I forgot to add that if you guys decide to use the library, please wait until AGS is ready for it. The search box location must be sorted out first. Perhaps it would suffice if AGS didn't move the search box and just let the lib do it. I'm going to test, but tonight we've got troube with electricity due to a windstorm, can't run ESO on battery

Last edited by merlight : 07/22/15 at 04:07 PM.