View Single Post
08/25/15, 04:14 AM   #28
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by domintheus View Post
Do you know if there's a way to do this within the LUA language? As I mentioned above, if possible, I'd rather keep from running separate executables/scripts and instead be able to just start the game normally.

I definitely am looking for people who know more about the LUA side of things. I know the php side, and would like to get a couple people to collaborate with on a guild forum addon. You and haggen both seem to have interest so far.
Hi I think maybe you didn't fully understand my post.

You only have to launch 1 icon.

In the .vbs you run it, it gets the current stats on the file you are watching then it launches ESO for you and finally goes into memory to do whatever routines you are looking for.

So yes you can use 1 VBS to run anything on your computer. In my example the VBS file launches ESO into it's own memory space by doing "cmd /c" there is no reason for the VBS to be tied to ESO.

On your other question, LUA is a sandbox environment. You can only use the LUA file in game, thats it, no other options.

Thats why there is no winamp addon, chrome window in game, you can't do any of that. And it will not run programs for you. It's won't reach out of the sandbox.

As for help, I'm a so-so LUA coder. My addon is in .NET and pulls data from the savedvariables. I would say I'm much better in .NET or VBS or PowerShell than I am at LUA.

You are going to need to parse the LUA files for the data you need and let me tell you that isn't easy.

Your going to end up with a 2 part addon (like mine) the in game collection and the external parsing and posting. Really it's a similar setup to mine but you can do yours with 1 icon if you want.

If you go the .NET or VBS route I can give you some routines for parsing so that would save you time. I'm not sure I have a lot of time to help but I may have already written half of what you need.

-d

PS if you want to see any of what I'm talking about get Master Merchant and Guild Sales Assistant for Master Merchant. You will see the data collector is MM and outside the game GSA parses the savedvariables for the data it needs and puts it into a local database.