View Single Post
02/07/16, 02:42 PM   #1
Wandamey
ZO_SmithingTopLevelCreationPanelResultTooltip.SetPendingSmithingItem hook

I'm having a problem with some tootlip edition

At the gear crafting stations (clothier, carpenter, blacksmith)

In creation mode, i can't seem to get a valid info from GetSmithingPatternResultLink(...) with the args I get from ZO_SmithingTopLevelCreationPanelResultTooltip.SetPendingSmithingItem anymore (the hook was working till TG) and get this error :
Checking type on argument linkStyle failed in GetSmithingPatternResultLink_lua
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'GetSmithingPatternResultLink'
user:/AddOns/TheHookingAddon/TheHookingAddon.lua:663: in function 'SetPendingSmithingItem'
EsoUI/Ingame/Crafting/Keyboard/SmithingCreation_Keyboard.lua:194: in function 'ZO_SmithingCreation:SetupResultTooltip'
EsoUI/Ingame/Crafting/SmithingCreation_Shared.lua:895: in function 'ZO_SharedSmithingCreation:UpdateTooltipInternal'
EsoUI/Ingame/Crafting/SmithingCreation_Shared.lua:37: in function 'ZO_SharedSmithingCreation:OnUpdate'
EsoUI/Ingame/Crafting/SmithingCreation_Shared.lua:32: in function '(anonymous)'
probably an issue with the new crown store component?

---
I have to retrieve each var from this instead in creation mode :
local pat,mat,qtt,style,trait =
SMITHING.creationPanel:GetSelectedPatternIndex(),
SMITHING.creationPanel:GetSelectedMaterialIndex(),
SMITHING.creationPanel:GetSelectedMaterialQuantity(),
SMITHING.creationPanel:GetSelectedStyleIndex(),
SMITHING.creationPanel:GetSelectedTraitIndex()
local itemLink = GetSmithingPatternResultLink(pat,mat,qtt,style,trait) and then it's working.

Edit : Got it working like that too :
local PendingSmithingItemTooltip = ZO_SmithingTopLevelCreationPanelResultTooltip.SetPendingSmithingItem
ZO_SmithingTopLevelCreationPanelResultTooltip.SetPendingSmithingItem = function(control,pat,mat,qtt,style,trait,...)
PendingSmithingItemTooltip(control,pat,mat,qtt,style,trait,...)
local itemLink = GetSmithingPatternResultLink(pat,mat,qtt,style,trait)
EditTooltip(control, itemLink)
end
it appears that SetPendingSmithingItem() receives 2 extra arguments, a boolean (crown store I assume and the other got me only nil)
I don't know why too many arguments makes GetSmithingPatternResultLink(...) go wild, but it does. -- Erratum it's only 1 new argument, and is a bool

Re Edit : /facepalm it's an error about linkStyle, not Style so yes I know why it gets wild. Because the bool was added at the same place where linkStyle is in the other function
Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!

Last edited by Wandamey : 02/08/16 at 05:09 AM.