View Single Post
05/11/16, 04:35 AM   #11
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey merlight, thank you for your quick response! I was afraid that would be the case, the actual reason for me not to use the Z_ScrollList is I havent been able to get it running, nor understanding the whole code inside it's lua file :/
I don't even understand the principle behind it's mechanic, I mean the princible I use in my code is quite easy: move the child Elements of a control that hides all of its child element's overflow by modifying the child elements anchor-x/y-offsets^^
Could u / anybody explain how ZO_ScrollList implements the scrolling behaviour and what functions u need to set up a simple scrolling container? I've read through this thread and some others and could reproduce your problems with SetScrollBounding. At least I was finally able to "unlock" (= getting it to save values different from 0) the SetVerticalScroll() - function, but it did not change any displayed content.

Another suspicion/fear I have is that ESOs controls are not meant to scroll areas that contain as many items as i want to be displayed :/
Within my implementation the "too many anchors processed" - error is even thrown if i reduce my dataset to 10 elements

Last edited by Letho : 05/11/16 at 04:41 AM.