View Single Post
04/16/14, 12:07 PM   #8
Joviex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Are you sure there isn't one of those ZO_Object related objects floating around that are designed for use like that. I myself use the ZO_WorldMapPins object to instantiate my own map pins. It may be meaningless but hopefully a lot of the functionality is dealt with by ZO_WorldMapPins and all I have to do is send it the customised data and layout. And as of Sunday night it was working great.
I dug for that in the breakout files from Game0000.dat

ZO_WorldMapPins is an object definition, yes. You can instance that all day long.

They have their own instance, internally buried behind a local "g_mapWorldMapPins".

Since I cannot get to that, the only way would be to access the API functions that manipulate it.

Since there are no direct manipulation points for the sub-quest tasks (maybe the objectives as you suggest, though on a first pass I see nothing to get objective POIs, only things for the AvA map, which also do not have location(s) on them.)

They do have normalized.x and .y in the ZO_WorldMapPin (not Pins, Pins is the manager). So if you can use the manager to get the quest pins, those quest pins have the X,Y in them.

The only outside chance is that instancing a ZO_WorldMapPins object would be a Singleton, but I dont see that defined in such a way as to only return the current i.e. global, MapPinManager.

I will try to "instance" a ZO_WorldMapPins? Perhaps it is a singleton of some sort and I just cant see where that happens. If that is the case, problem most likely solved since you can manipulate the entire set of POIs at that point.