Thread: Addon Etiquette
View Single Post
04/20/14, 06:40 AM   #2
NonameFTW
Libraries

Another Idea I suggest is to use common folder for libraries if possible. Some libraries already use the folder "libs" and in my opinion it would be a good Idea for library authors to get a common agreement on that to make it easier for addon authors and prevent redundancy.

As far as I know Minion does check dependencies. I GUESS (don't know) that its through the description txt file. But I didn't work through the material so I don't know. I also don't know if the declaration is actually necessary for the API so bare with me if the following is bull****.

In this case two things should be standart:

- Authors of addons that use specific libraries are agreeing on declaring the dependency of their addon for minion and every other addon. This should be a absolut MUST! Addon authors should not be allowed to use a library without doing so. Posting an addon that uses any external ressource without declaring its dependency should be removed from esoui after one warning.

- Authors of addons and libraries should work in such a way that minion can install all necessary libraries by itself. Addon authors therefore should NOT implement the library in their own zip file and library authors should programm their project as standalone ressource that every addon can use.

As always this is a SUGGESTION up for discussion.

Last edited by NonameFTW : 04/20/14 at 07:09 AM.