View Single Post
04/25/14, 06:03 PM   #29
stjobe

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ins View Post
Personally I think it just spams the site when you have so many simple addons doing the same exact thing'.
I don't think that's what people like me (the one-tool-per-job people) are talking about.

If there already was an addon that just allowed me to auto-sheath my weapons after combat, Stow It would never have been made. Why would I go to the trouble of making an addon if there already is one that does what I need?

The idea is for there to be many simple addons that do different things, not the same thing. These can later be combined into UI compilations, if need be.

However, if there's addon X that has feature F1 that I want but also feature F2, and addon Y that has feature F3 that I want but also feature F2, I now have two addons fighting among themselves about who gets to do feature F2.

In a game that's been around a few years you might have lots of addons all trying to do the same thing - although you downloaded them for the unique features they have, for some reason many addon authors also implement a lot of "unrelated" features. I'm not knocking that, to each his own, but it makes me wish addon X just did F1, addon Y just did F3, and that someone made addon Z that just did F2.

Then I could pick the addons that had the features I want and not worry about getting features I don't want or even addons that don't work well together because they're trying to do the same thing.