View Single Post
05/05/14, 07:20 AM   #5
Gėd
Originally Posted by mra4nii View Post
Such idea is being implemented until now for a reason.
CTRL key already have a bind(sneak), so you can't use it for combinations
ALT key also have a keybind(last action, exit from menu)
the only remained is SHIFT, which, possible, can be used. There is a function IsShiftKeyDown. So, technical, it can be used to emulate some combinations.

In my opinion the direction you took with binding in xml is dead end. Take a look to function i've mentioned above.
This is way off.

Ideally the program could be modified to allow any of the keyboard's inputs to be overridden -- or at least expanded internally to handle an additional "modifier" token in addition to "value" definitions on the keys -- so you could force the Keybinding menu to recognize alt+[key] as a valid keybinding anywhere in the interface. Right now, alt, shift, etc are defined as tokens just like any other key - there is no "modifier" option to speak of. [WHY? SERIOUSLY... WHY??? grrrr]

So the fact that those keys are part of the default beindings... is completely irrelevant.

What surprises me most is that ESO doesn't seem to be set up to recognize even basic mouse+ keys, like the mouse4 and mouse5 buttons on my Razer Adder. This has been pretty basic functionality for a looong time on most programs now.

Bonus forum love for the man who can re-create Clique: allowing me to cast spells by modifier+key clicking onto party frames, like War's. In fact, bonus forum SEX (!) if this can be implemented.

Last edited by Gėd : 05/05/14 at 07:21 AM. Reason: as*