View Single Post
05/15/14, 06:43 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kristof View Post
Hi,

I am no LUA scripter, so I thought I might make a request and see what happens.

What I am looking for is the ability to export character data (specifically named below) and save it to a file (SavedVariables?) which can then be uploaded for analysis/processing.

The nature of the data is as follows:
- Crafting materials unlocked (by material or 1-9, which denotes the highest level of achievement). Either way would be fine, so long as the stored information allows us to know for a fact or by obvious assumption that a character can or cannot craft given this material (or potency level, or potion level, etc.)
- Crafting traits unlocked (by research on various items, if the craft involves research)
- Character's name (stored merely as a point of reference/distinction for the data set)

Optimally, storing this information in a serialized set, an array, or (I suppose?) a luaindex? From the documentation, it would appear that a luaindex is the equivalent of an array, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I could possibly code something like this given enough time, but I have no idea which functions would accomplish such tasks. (I've never programmed in LUA before, but I do work in other languages from time to time.)

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Edit: Ah, and something would need to hook into the UI in order to actually call the export... perhaps a slash command such as /export.
I think you can use saved variables from Stormknight's AI Research Grid, so do not need to write anything new.