View Single Post
06/26/14, 08:15 PM   #3
GrfxGawd

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SinusPi View Post
There's just one problem with that: addon authors are irrelevant. We give Zenimax no extra revenue, we bring in no (significant numbers of) new players. We're just there because it's easy to write your OWN interface through some sort of API, and afterwards it's just more convenient to make it open rather than be the black sheep who said a big, loud "NO" to the developers community.

We'd have to organize a PLAYERS' protest, "hey Zenimax, we're playing just because addons allow us to, if you keep crippling them we're leaving".

And good luck with that.
I don't think they're irrelevant, I never have. Every game where they've been and I've played they've added to my experience and enjoyment. Just like here.

I get what you're saying. It would make gaming industry news though...

I'm out of ideas at the moment. Good ones or poor ones.

At one point in my life I had the hubris to believe there was no problem without a solution. And for a long time, even if I had no clue at what I was doing (and that wasn't infrequent) I found those solutions, either alone or sometimes with them help of others better educated, more knowledgable.

So I guess you could say I was really lucky or just had a phenomenal run but eventually life caught up with me and bit me in the ass so hard the world for me, stopped turning. I finally found a problem that no matter how hard I worked, no matter how much i poked and prodded or lifted, I couldn't find a solution. And I'm still stuck there today. But I guess someplace inside me I'm still wired, driven to find that solution. To bridge however wide that gap may be. To create the solution that isn't even possible if by no other means than shear tenacity, will, and determination.

But I know now for fact, there are problems that do not have viable solutions.

Maybe this is one I just have to let go.

Last edited by GrfxGawd : 06/26/14 at 09:02 PM. Reason: additional thoguhts