Thread: Reporting Bots
View Single Post
10/07/17, 01:08 AM   #1
Drummerx04
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Reporting Bots

I decided to write a bot reporting addon. The irony of automating the process of reporting automated players was too good to pass up... For the most part it works about as well as I had envisioned except for the actual bot reporting part.

The only function I was able to dig up from the wiki and the source code that wasn't just nil is
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_HELP_GENERIC_TICKET_SUBMISSION_MANAGER:OpenReportPlayerTicketScene(playerName, rawName)

This function is bound and works pretty much exactly as advertised, i.e. opens the report window with the player name filled in, but I would like to include more actionable information automatically populated within the description field (information that my addon already gathers).

I can see the abuse potential for zero interaction player reporting, but automatic population of fields (but manual submission button) would be really nice.

A promising looking function in the API section on the wiki is:
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_ReportPlayerDialog_Show(playerName, reason, rawName, optionalCallback)
But the function is nil, so no dice.

I've considered trying to find a way to detect that the description field is active, and just adding a string at the cursor... but there isn't an obvious way I can see to either detect such a thing or to place text at the current cursor location.

Any suggestions for handling the reporting window would be appreciated, thank you!

Side Note:
It is probably worth mentioning that the similar function
Lua Code:
  1. ReportFeedback(...)
is bound and does appear to automatically submit fully populated feedback without any further interaction.