View Single Post
04/21/24, 01:35 PM   #6
Vilkasmanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Baertram - As always, thank you for your help - I appreciate the time & effort you spend helping me up the learning curve

I had looked in and around the code you referenced but didn't see or find the nuggets you did, I will go look at them more closely. I have been focused on ESO more than ZO* code and I suspect you've nudged me into a whole new realm of discovery. Thanks (I think? :-) )

In the meantime, I coded at least a temporary solution, though it might be too unpleasant for the real world. Since I can successfully detect the initial bounty assignment (and subsequent increases), I use that trigger to launch a routine to update the onscreen timers, followed by a 15 second followup call to do it again:

Code:
EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForUpdate(identifier, 15000, FarmersToolkit.BountyCheck)
This (I think) effectively runs a timed loop for updates. Once the bounty is zero, I UnRegisterforUpdate and go back to status quo.

The plus side is, the screen automatically updates every 15 seconds with a revised "time remaining" value for the bounty. (I'm not sure if that frequency of updates will stay that high once I find bounty-event driven updates).

On the down wide, I'm calling a routine every 15 seconds for the duration of a bounty which may be impolitely taxing the servers and doesn't feel like it is in the EVENT-driven style.

Still, unless I hear concerns or find issues, this may work while I go research your posting and find a more elegant solution.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

-V