View Single Post
11/06/16, 08:54 PM   #5
Randactyl
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
yes, merlight that is the current known workaround.

It also does not break if you simply double click to use the item rather than pressing the primary keybind (default: 'E').

Siri's solution pretty much only fixes the "rapid writ container opening" case and sets up an expected result that libFilters and addons which leverage it or their own inventory updating methods will no longer have issues. At least for libFilters, this now produces unexpected functionality when an addon keybind is used on an inventory slot.

Baertram has been working on a solution involving passing the "initiating control" as an optional argument to the updater and still updating the list if the initiator matches the current mouse over control (thereby negating siri's fix for another specific situation).

I'm still thinking about these proposed changes. Right now I'm somewhere around thinking it's adding unneeded complexity for us to a long standing API issue with two solid and easy user workarounds (moving cursor or double clicking to use).

There is a high possibility that addons implementing libFilters and a keybind can accomplish their tasks without a list update, as Siri suggested this morning. This would be ideal since then the library could implement the safe list update and addons could use better practice for their tasks.

I'm going to really dive into this on Tuesday, as I have a good deal of schoolwork to do tonight and tomorrow. In the meantime, please correct any of my assumptions and further work if it still tickles your fancy