Thread: 2.7 Update
View Single Post
01/09/17, 03:56 PM   #28
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I just tried to get the new trading house filters to work and found that some things just don't work (yet?).
First I tried to list some furniture and recipes in a guild store and use the vanilla interface. When searching for All items, the 3 furniture items and 6 recipes show up as expected, but when I select the new furnishings category and search for all furnishings / items and recipes I only see 2 recipes instead of the expected 9 items.
I then looked through other categories and noticed that the crafting category also has a new subcategory for furnishing formula which show the remaining 4 recipes, but the furniture items never showed besides in the main all items category.

Next I tried to add the filter to AwesomeGuildStore and found that there is a typo in the definition of ZO_TRADING_HOUSE_FILTER_FURNITURE_ITEM_TYPE_DATA in line 385 in tradinghouse_filter_shared.lua. The constant for SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_RECIPE_BLACKSMITHING_FURNISHING_DIAGRAM should be SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_RECIPE_BLACKSMITHING_DIAGRAM_FURNISHING instead.
When I use the ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING I can find all furnishing items as expected and the recipes also show in the category for recipes, but I cannot get the TRADING_HOUSE_FILTER_TYPE_SPECIALIZED_ITEM to work in order to split them up further.

From my standpoint it looks as if the trading house changes are not yet finished.

I also tried to figure out what I can do with the increased filter parameter limit and while 16 is already a good improvement, it is still too low. I need at least 20 parameters to be able to add an all category for all crafting materials. The issue where I cannot show shields in the all category for armor would also need a specialized item type for shields that is not linked with weapons and can be combined with the armor category.
The typos are now fixed. The other problems you are seeing are likely because many items haven't had their specialized item type set yet. Those should be complete shortly.

I'll increase the search term limits to 24 and we'll see how that plays. The shield problem will takes adding some new specialized item types which won't happen until the next major release.