View Single Post
01/11/17, 01:33 PM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. I won't say custom dialogues are impossible, but it would require a tremendous amount of work to get it anywhere near usable without breaking anything and you cannot use voicelines (no way to play them). Communicating with an external server while the game is running is a definite no. You cannot send or receive data from an outside source. You could however pack quests into optional addons and let users download those via minion. If such a project gets that far, I think Dolby would even be willing to add a new category for them to esoui to make filtering easy.

2. Same as with the first point. It would probably be possible to add these to the regular quest tracker, but again require a lot of work. Storing on a server is a definite no, but you could save it locally. You would however loose your quest progress since the last ui reload / login whenever the game crashes, because local data is only written to disk at ui reload or when you log out.

3. You can't provide rewards directly, but you could for example lead the user to some place where he can pick up a reward (e.g. a non-random chest), or show them to a place with an especially nice view or something, or as you said use existing achievements.

4. If the NPC never moves it should be possible to fake a quest marker, otherwise you can't know where in the world you should place the 3d marker. Making a fake interaction (=custom dialogue) is possible, but a lot of work as already mentioned.

While it sounds interesting, I don't think there is anyone who has enough time on their hands to make something like that or maintain it. Maybe if ZOS is interested and adds some APIs to make it simpler it would become worth a shot.