View Single Post
08/07/17, 10:21 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This change won't suddenly make libraries appear in the addon list out of nowhere. The author of the library will first have to update the lib so it properly works with this new feature. Existing libs will just continue to work like they have until now. I also suggest that old libraries don't just switch to the new way, and instead increase their "major" version so it won't affect existing addons.

LibAsync for example can stay how it is and doesn't have to be bundled as a standalone addon. That way it won't show up in the addon list. If an addon author doesn't read the description of a lib and includes it with a manifest file instead of how the lib author specified, it's something they should correct on their end. If it absolutely mustn't be included with a txt, then maybe do it like some other libs and just don't add one at all?

I would also wait and see if any user even notices this or is bothered at all. I don't believe it will be that much of a problem seeing as some addons already come with a lot of baggage anyways (e.g. Harvest Map, Master Merchant).

I do however agree that a library section and a way to see which path a library or addon was loaded from might be nice.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 08/07/17 at 10:23 AM.