Thread: 2.7 Update
View Single Post
01/07/17, 10:13 AM   #23
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just played around with the new housing APIs and so far I found that the placed furniture only returns a furnitureDataId to allow identifying items of the same type.
Maybe you could also return the itemLink from GetPlacedHousingFurnitureInfo or provide a method GetItemLinkFromFurnitureDataId? That way it would be easier possible to show which items are missing when trying to deserialize a serialized house, because the itemName won't work cross-language and searching all existing items for the right furnitureDataId is a bit of an overkill.

I also noticed that there is still no function to restore a stringified id64 into a proper id64. It shouldn't be necessary for this case, but it would still be nice to have in some other cases.

EDIT: after some more tinkering I found that furnitureDataId is not what I thought it was and multiple itemIds can have the same furnitureDataId. It also looks like there is more than one furniture item with the same name, which means there is currently no way to map furniture to an item based on the data returned from the housing API.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 01/07/17 at 01:28 PM.