Thread: 2.7 Update
View Single Post
01/10/17, 03:53 AM   #32
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The typos are now fixed. The other problems you are seeing are likely because many items haven't had their specialized item type set yet. Those should be complete shortly.

I'll increase the search term limits to 24 and we'll see how that plays. The shield problem will takes adding some new specialized item types which won't happen until the next major release.
Looking forward to these changes! Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Please provide an example of an item without a name when you find one.

As for the placement functions, those trigger an inventory operation and also broadcast a new piece of furniture to everyone when they are used. We have to be careful so that if an addon was made that moved or placed the full contents of the house very frequently it would not grind the servers to a halt. The current mechanism for this is using the message rate limits, but we could potentially build a more robust system for queuing these things in the future.
I went back to the same house on Sunday, but the items all showed their name then. Either it was just a display bug in my addon or it depended on some other condition besides the item itself. I'll keep an eye on it either way.

I don't know how your server handles these calls, but in other server based systems a bulk update usually has a performance advantage because of the reduced overhead. I'd think this holds especially true in a case where I would send 1000 individual requests to place all furniture or remove it. I don't expect that it will be added with this update, but I'd love to see an improved way to do this in the future.

p.s. please add a return value for itemLink to GetPlacedHousingFurnitureInfo, or add a method GetPlacedHousingFurnitureItemLink