View Single Post
03/04/15, 02:17 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
~160MB... um... ok... Stupidly enough, I started with the wrong installer. It doesn't check what system you install it on - it successfully completes installing 64bit Minion on 32bit system. "It won't run here" warning would be nice. Another weirdness - in requirements listed on the web is VC++2010 runtime, and it says Minion will prompt to install it. Why not the installer?
Minion runs inside a JVM so we have to include the JRE which is the bulk of the download, Minion it self is under 1mb. The VC++ requirement is no longer valid since the last few updates and we need to update the website.

You can run Minion natively on linux. Just run the jar from command line ( java -jar Minion-jfx.jar ). It will require that you have Oracle's JRE8 installed. The first time you run Minion depending on the flavor of linux you may need to give it sudo powers so it wont choke on the drive scanning for games.

Attached is a screeenshot of me running it on Elementary OS (Ubuntu fork that looks like OSX).
This is a jar/lib only download to make it easier: http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.1.3pl1-beta.zip

I'm guessing the directX issue was due to you running a JVM inside Wine, I can only guess how confused the JVM got. I am working on a couple dev environments so I can compile and release .deb and .rpm's of Minion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 6.40.43 PM.png
Views:	572
Size:	665.2 KB
ID:	562  

Last edited by Dolby : 03/04/15 at 02:34 PM.