View Single Post
04/25/18, 10:54 PM   #9
Ghamarro
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
No, this sounds strange and not like the standard game's addon save methods.

Either Azurah got a but within saving which reset the settings somehow and you need to contact the dev or write about it (how to detect and rebuild this bug) in the addon comments then please.

Or it's something with your game's client which does not work properly.

Azurah seems to save to the global variable "AzurahDB". Maybe some other addon impacts this somehow.
What if you enable just 2 addons (Azurah and another one) and test if the same happens. Maybe another addon is grabbing into the Azurah namespace of global variables and changing the settings (overwritign or resetting them). Test Azurah with other addons which start with A e.g.
I have already filed a bug report on this site and even sent a PM to the creator, but neither one has had any reply to them.

The problem came back today morning about 15 min ago when I logged back in for the first time today. The only things I changed before logging in was the shadow quality from ultra to high, maximum particles from 2048 to 1024, and I installed a new addon called Urich's Skill Point Finder. And boom, I'm back to square one again. I logged out at 7:39 and the last write time for both the UserSettings.txt and Azurah.lua files is 7:39, so they definitely are not write-protected anyhow.

EDIT1: I just checked if ALL the settings are reseted and not just specific ones, and it seems the that some are and some are not. I changed "Hide Compass Pin Text" from OFF to ON and it remembered that, but all the UI elements that I try to move around it forgets and resets them back to default positions.

EDIT2: Ok, I tried disabling other addons and seems like the culprit is Advanced UI. It has a module management tool that I used to disable the "Frame Mover" module so that it wouldn't cause any conflicts with Azurah, but apparently it wasn't enough. I found an "AUI fix for Clockwork City" version of the addon on this site, from a different maker though, and installed it and now it works perfectly with Azurah, and all the elements stay where I put them, given that "Frame Mover" module is disabled.

Last edited by Ghamarro : 04/25/18 at 11:31 PM.