Thread: Housing APIs
View Single Post
12/07/16, 08:24 AM   #18
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know this is probably beyond the scope of what you can add right now, but I think it would be great if we could somehow share the decoration setup with other users ingame.
I imagine something like the collection interface, but with user generated decoration setups. The data is uploaded to your servers and then others can view, apply and rate them.

For now we can probably manage to dump all the decals into the savedata, run some script to upload it to some server and then update the repository, but it would require at least one UI reload which is bad imo. I think it would be great if you could add some API to allow us to directly dump the raw house data into a file on the disk and also read a list of available files and import one without reloading. Maybe add a new subfolder in the user folder called "housing" where you read and write the files from.

Of course some evil devs could misuse that to transfer other data, but I think if you limit the import and export to work only within houses, it should be fine.