View Single Post
09/29/17, 07:05 AM   #12
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Ok, then I still do not understand why you can't just use GetUnitBuffInfo like Scoot suggested. The "player" will always just have the unitTag "player". I can't imagine any reason why you would need a unitId in addition to that...
Oh I see the problem, i mistyped the title. It was meant to be "a player's unitId", not "THE player's". I need it for a specific feature that I call "peristent target debuff tracking".

If I use reticleover to track target debuffs, this data gets eradicated as soon as I untarget the target though . If "persistent" is checked, the debuff will be tracked regardless of my current reticletarget. That's what I need unitIds for. I can't use the target's name, as the data is structured by unitIds as the array's key.

Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
well, just for a test. did you try that without addons too? i know many people had the same problem. they disabled addons and it worked fine
As I have already written, I tested it with and without addons in vMSA and so did my friends in a raid, without noticing a difference^^