View Single Post
04/29/18, 08:03 AM   #1
motorheadabega
EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL issues since yesterday?

Hello , this is my first post to this forum.

I have been dabbling in lua addon scripting for ESO for a couple of weeks now and everything was coming along well. I really enjoy it. Everything was working (or at least failing with expected error messages) yesterday afternoon. At some point last night I noticed that I was not getting any output from my EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL handler.

I was tired and did not want to take apart my (rather medium sized) script, so I disabled it and wrote a new test stub as follows:

Code:
chatlog = {}
chatlog.name = "chatlog"

function chatlog:OnAddOnLoaded(event, name)
    if name == "chatlog" then chatlog:Initialize() end
end

function chatlog:Initialize()
    EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent(self.name, EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL, self.OnChatMessage)
end

function chatlog:OnChatMessage(event, channel, from, message)
  d(self.name .. ": OnChatMessage was tripped")
end

EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent(chatlog.name, EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, chatlog.OnAddOnLoaded)
with barebones manifest as follows:

Code:
## Title: chatlog
## Description: chat log analyzer
## APIVersion: 100022

chatlog.lua
Which did not produce any output either, so I gave up and went to bed. Now in the light of day it still does not provide output. This minimal code still looks fine to me, however, and I could swear I was successfully handling this event as recently as yesterday afternoon.

Does anyone know if there has been a change to how this event is handled? or if I'm doing it wrong? Is it working for you?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by motorheadabega : 04/29/18 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Clarifying that it still does not provide output today