View Single Post
05/04/18, 10:05 AM   #9
DesertDwellers
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If both the ways prodce an error your addon must have something called which both functions call/change in the end.
The error says there is something NIL which shouldn't be nil.
Check the function ZO_Tracker:ForceAssist and see what variables are used as parameters or inside the line where the error occurs (436).
Try to find out in the code of esoui where the variables get filled and work your way back to the point where you have changed these variables in your code (or a reference to them like ZO_Tracker e.g.).

Source code files of PTS are not on gitter already afaik but Cairenn has posted them here:
http://tiny.cc/Calia-APIUploads

You can download it and check the file in EsoUI/Ingame/ZO_Quest/QuestTracker.lua and work your way backwards.
Thank you Baertram.

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
If it's erroring there then it's likely that a quest is set as tracked on the client side but isn't on the tracker so it is failing to find the tracker entry. Calling ForceAssist on a quest that has been marked as tracked not using the quest tracker won't work.
Thanks Chip.

Both suggestions gives me areas to diagnose, and look at. Especially helpful to understand how the game code connects.

The addon works on live (100022 of course), and I do not get these errors. The errors are actually not happening to the addon, but when you select the quest to be assisted in either the map or the journal. Becuase of the error the assisted quest does not change. I just wanted to point that out in case you can think of some change that happened that would break from the addon. Guess not sure how the addon is breaking the map at this point.

I will keep digging, again both your comments are helpful.