View Single Post
01/27/18, 01:09 PM   #5
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ShadowHvo View Post
That is indeed correct! I'm talking solely of teleporting to a specific players home, which naturally, should be 'set in stone' in the addon itself.

But I'm glad to hear that an addon like this is indeed possible, now I simply have to find out how to specifically go about it.

I'm still considering to outright hire a Addon Creator to do the base of the code, and then I, hopefully, would be able to take over to add in the text, images, player & their homes as time progresses in the RP community.

If its not too much to ask for however, how would you experienced folks go about it?

So if you haven't yet done so, you should learn lua. You can test stuff out with /script or https://www.lua.org/cgi-bin/demo. Once you've done that, check out wiki.esoui.com and follow one of the tutorials there. When you finish with that, you should have an addon base.

Once you have an addon base, I would try experimenting with the player house teleportation functions in game. Find out how it works, and what if any limitations there are. Then, I'd create the addon using just slash commands. Next, create the UI. I'd probably make the window that opens up first, then work on adding the stuff to the map window after.