View Single Post
07/06/17, 04:11 PM   #2
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think your later suggestion might actually be easier to implement than Set3DRenderSpaceToUnitTag(control, unitTag), because a render space doesn't just have an origin but also forward/up/left vectors (i.e. view direction and roll). I don't think the client knows more about other characters view direction than the heading.

I would like to second the request for GetMapPlayerPosition to return 3d information or adding a similar function. Maybe it is possible to implement a GetWorldPlayerPosition(unitTag) function, which returns the 3d position of the specified unit. That information might already be available to the client as it's just the position of the 3d model or the floating group marker (?).
The position could then be converted via the WorldPositionToGuiRender3DPosition function Chip proposed here:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1....html#comments
The first change I'll be making is to automatically update the origin point on any toplevel gui render space that is using the WORLD system when the player moves more than 1KM from the origin. The second change will be adding GuiRender3DPositionToWorldPosition and WorldPositionToGuiRender3DPosition. And the third will probably be to never use the integer world coordinates ever again in Lua.

Last edited by Shinni : 07/06/17 at 04:18 PM.