View Single Post
07/06/17, 06:10 PM   #3
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
I think your later suggestion might actually be easier to implement than Set3DRenderSpaceToUnitTag(control, unitTag), because a render space doesn't just have an origin but also forward/up/left vectors (i.e. view direction and roll). I don't think the client knows more about other characters view direction than the heading.
Makes sense, though for player and group members the client should know their map headings. So it can get the direction of the control from there (and in the worst case assume vertical angle to be zero).

Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
I would like to second the request for GetMapPlayerPosition to return 3d information or adding a similar function. Maybe it is possible to implement a GetWorldPlayerPosition(unitTag) function, which returns the 3d position of the specified unit. That information might already be available to the client as it's just the position of the 3d model or the floating group marker (?).
The position could then be converted via the WorldPositionToGuiRender3DPosition function Chip proposed here:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1....html#comments
Yep this will solve the major problem (linking player map coordinates to player 3d coordinates), but will still leave the second problem unsolved (getting 3d coordinates of entities on the map - specifically the height (y-coordinate) since we will know 3d x and z by that time).

Will be a good start though.

Last edited by dorrino : 07/06/17 at 06:17 PM.