View Single Post
07/19/17, 04:54 PM   #44
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
in this whole thread something amaze me.

I am user mainly. I do not use minion. I install myself every addon. And i do look at what is inside each folder of addons, not because i am paranoid, but because i am interested, and because sometimes i just want to change little things.

With years, i learned how to use the -- before a line i want to remove, i learned how to replace fonts, to change .dds with one i want (that i create myself), change size or transparence of things, and to replace library that some author's addon forget to update (no critics, i would forget those myself if i was doing what you do)

So my point is : if the OP is not happy with some addons, nothing bare him to modify a line, supress a lib, by himself. I know a lot of users that do as me, some are even very comfortable to do so and they do not need to make such a mess as this post do.
Some users even made some great additions to addons. Some authors removed themselves parts of addons they were not satisfied with. Nothing is perfect :P

We users are not sheep, nore stupid. We do not need a drama to make realise that suddenly a library which is openly posted in the download, is hidden is some addons. Nothing is hidden. The embedded library is mentionned in the .txt, and the library itself is downloadable by anyone,

If you dont trust an addon, then stop to use it. If you dont trust any addon, then just stop to come here and avoid this place. No one is forcing you with a gun to download them, to use them. If you decide to download them you make your decision. Same as if you buy a book. You do not know what is inside. The title could be sweet and the story totally macabre giving nightmare. So what ? you would yell at the author ? you decided by yourself to buy it.

Here you dont even buy, you benefit from a gift. Each addon i use is for me a gift. The author decided to do it for their use, and then offered to share thinking we might enjoy. And i enjoy. Of course i do not like all addons : i do not download them. But this is my taste, the addon is enjoyed by others.

For me this whole thread is a drama. i hate drama. There is enough in real life all day long from every part of world.

So to the OP : if you do not like an addon or part of it, do not download it or modify it. You can without breaking an addon using this -- to *silence* a line, or a library that is just optional.