View Single Post
07/19/17, 05:02 PM   #45
Solinur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jpdouble69 View Post
All authors that posted here in this thread are arguing pretty much the same way.
They say that it is their right to implement any function into their addons and hide them to the user who is installing the addon. They do not document these function(s) nor do they give the user any option in the settings - the user has to execute them in the client - that's all.

The authors that are posting here all have these kinds of invisible/hidden functions implemented.

They argue that they put in a lot of work into it and it it their addon(s). So they have the right to do whatever they want.
There is not a single author in this thread having doubts about the way these functions are handled and distributed nor that they might change it in the future.

You can call it coincidence, bias or whatever you want. The issue stays the same: The user has to execute this stuff not knowing about it. No declaration, no option, no control, no choice, nothing. That is the way these authors want it. It was not done that way by accident, it was meant to be exactly that way.

I hope more and more people will become aware. Then there is a good chance that users concerns and rights are not taken lightly anymore and changes are being made by the authors – not ZoS.
I did not do any of the things you claimed and I feel a bit offended about that.

Of course I can do whatever I want with my addons because I write them for myself and maybe a few friends. I offer them on esoui because its a nice framework to publish the addon, thats all. Anyone who wishes to have a different addon can do it themselves, like I did. Of course I will always consider feedback but in the end I make the decision what goes into my addon and what not. If there is an issue with any ZOS terms or terms here on ESOUI I might consider to abide the rules or simply take it off from here and distribute my addon a different way.