Thread: FAQ Discussion
View Single Post
02/28/14, 12:06 PM   #4
Errc
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Wykkyd View Post
I do not think an addon can force anything to the user's local clipboard. I haven't found a functional Lua command to do so within the confines of the API that ZOS has enabled. Someone may have found something, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
Edit boxes have a :CopyAllTextToClipboard() function. So you can just create a editbox and put whatever text you want to copy out in it before calling that function.

Wykkyd's is correct about calling any outside Web services. All Lua is sandboxed and can not communicate with any outside services. Some alternatives to communicating with an outside service requires parsing the saved variables file, pulling out the data you want and inserting any new/changed data. So it is possible, but requires an outside application to handle this communication. Saved variable file is only written to every reload so it is not a constant stream of communication.

You can use saved variables to save settings, but I don't think any of these settings are available to be saved during character creation. ZOS has their own SV file, ZO_Ingame.lua, and it has a lot of their saved variables, but I doubt any options for character creation would show up in there.

Edit: Although quick look through some of ZOS's source Lua code, they do handle character creation in Lua/xml so this might be possible to do in the future, if/when they make their source code available publicly. It would require loading an addon prior to entering the game, which is something I suspect they will not allow.

Last edited by Errc : 02/28/14 at 12:18 PM.