View Single Post
06/26/17, 11:57 PM   #14
Jizargo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Not really, the purpose is to first: Direct them to an existing addon that does what they're asking, and then if that doesn't exist, someone might consider picking it up. But if there's something very similar to what they want, and the user is being picky, the only way it'll get done is if they do it themself.
Guess what? I made a request a long time ago for a fallout4 mod where you can shoot limbs off humans like you do synths/ghouls. Someone did the exact same thing and said "Do it your self" then when I explained I can't they replied with "too bad".

A few weeks later, that mod was created by someone who was inspired by my post.

So for the "Addon search" part, yes redirecting them to addons is fine. However the section ends with "Requests" therefor eliminating the idea or concept of people "doing things themselves". It's called REQUEST for a reason, and if you can't fulfill either the search or request then you have no right posting in this thread, let alone telling people to do it themselves.

And if it is so easy you believe a random person with no knowledge of LUA can do it, then why dont you just do it your self? You were willing to take the time to post in this thread, but you're not willing to take the time to program something so easy that you believe someone with no coding experience can do? Or perhaps you're both blatant trolls. Yeah, I'm guessing that's probably the case.