Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
07/31/17, 05:52 AM   #5
Sordrak

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Hello,

Did you tried to politely contact author personally by private message ? What's his response ?

I do agree that the abuse of the delete button is a bad practice, and would suggest everyone to have a constructive discussion with tempered comments.
A deletion of a message is not a good thing except if it disclose some security breaches or shift to a subject which differs of the project itself.

Well, maybe try that you (both of you) should maybe reconsider your both words, maybe yours, maybe his, I don't know, because I didn't followed the whole thing but try to bring a more constructive discussion than the actual one sided (and even..) actual talk.
Well the author completely ignores all my comments, both on the official forum and here. I doubt a private message will make any sense, as my comments obviously aren't welcome. Furthermore, I consider the author not to be trustworthy in any way, due to his behavior.

He claims that everything is fine and no issue at all, which obviously isn't true. So instead of arguing I'm getting ignored or my posts are being deleted (there's not much to argue anyway, as you can't deny or argue about facts, they are what they are).

The author has been accused to have taken code of other authors without their consent. This has been claimed by another author on the official forum and here. Guess what, I can't find that comment here anymore.

And that's the issue in my opinion. If there's criticism or a risk associated with an addon, it should be possible to comment on that, regardless what the author claims.

This whole thing is shady as ****. Some comments are left there, and in the context they are, it can be interpreted as that everything is fine, and there aren't any arguments against the addon anymore (or way less, respectively only surfacing).